Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Milk coming out of breast not pregnant?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby kenan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 am

Last summer i was checking my breasts for lumps and milk squirted out. I was amazed and showed my boyfriend. He thought i may be pregnant but i thought it only happened nearer the end of pregnancies rather than the beginning but he insisted i did a pregnancy test. It came back negative. I thought i would just leave it and see if it happened the next day and it did but this time it was clearer and just dripped out (sorry to sound so disgusting) and then after another try it squired out and it was really white. It does it all the time and i haven't gone to the doctors. Before i get my period i have really hard lumps at the side of my right breast and it hurts to touch it. i went to the doctors for that but didn't mention the milk and she said it was nothing to worry about as it only happened just before my period. Its now been over a year and its still happening! Im too scared to go to the doctors in case its cancer or something. Please let me know if any of you have had this! thanks
kenan

Postby torence » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:15 am

Well, there are other diseases that are just as scary as cancer (and it is unlikely to be cancer because you would have had visible lumps by now) like diabetes and hormone imbalances (PCOS). See your doctor and have a regular check up and find out why your prolactin levels are elevated.
torence

Postby camdene » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:18 am

You could have breast cancer. But i can not be for sure.
I don't mean to scare you need a doctor to check out the deal...something might be wrong and it would be bad to not do anything about it, See a doctor ASAP!!!

Good Luck!!!
camdene

Postby yeung » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:20 am

The wise decision to make would be to discuss everything in depth with your doctor. All the best.
yeung

Postby jonatan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 am

Could be some kind of hormones.
jonatan

Postby absalon73 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 am

Your Boyfriend is so lucky. Now he dont need the milkman
absalon73

Postby eliott » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:39 am

Milk comes out sometimes when breasts are massaged or stimulated. It also will happen if you are on a medication that makes your body think you are pregnant. It happened to me when I wad 14 and still happens sometimes and its 5 years later. I would try not to worry about it and don't try to sqeeze it out.
eliott

Postby anakausuen » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:55 am

You need to go to the doctor it could be something really dangerous in then you would have no clue if something bad really did happen. Please go and check yourself out.
anakausuen

Return to Breast Cancer