Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lymph Nodes

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Lymph Nodes

Postby Hastings » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:19 am

I'd my thyroid removed this past year. It had been an overall total thyroidectomy. We found out after surgery that the lymph node emerged out accidentally during surgery and it had been malignant too. I had been informed by the physician that any leftover cancer if small enough could be ruined by rays. No more surgery was completed to get rid of the additional lymph nodes. I've been informed by others that I must have had a revolutionary disecction of the throat since cancer was present in my lymph nodes. Any ideas available?
Hastings

Lymph Nodes

Postby Maynor » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm-not certain what differentiated and low differentiated means. Would you clarify? I suppose my Thyroglobin was a 38 which suggested exercise. I had been informed the PET scan might show the new places. Actually the doctor explained that he would talk to nuclear medicine and possess a tracer so he may find the lymph node that they certainly were worried about as he's not able to palpitate something. I hope I may find extra information! Thanks.
Maynor

Lymph Nodes

Postby Kotori » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:20 pm

What decided which you absolutely had this thyrogloblin issue? I'd an adverse radioactive check but my thyroglobin was still large. Subsequently I'd a PET scan which confirmed some suspicious activity. I initially had my thyroid removed in 1991 with radioactive idodine treatment next. Thanks for just about any info you can supply. I go see my doctor tomorrow to discover what surgery I'll require now.
Kotori

Lymph Nodes

Postby Burty » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:50 pm

After I initially had my thyroid removed and was found to become malignant we began the procedure for the RAI therapy. Section of that therapy you may already know was to determin what my Thyroglublin gun was which may provide a standard quantity for future assessments. They instantly check for that TG anitbody aswell. From what I had been initially told anywhere from 10-15% of the populace have have this antibody. For all those people that, it had been hinder the real Thyroglobulin check and produce the figures seem larger or less than they are really. Our initial anitibody titer nubmer was 14 today it's over 1300. This often suggests in my own case that another thing is certainly going on.

You stated that you'd a PET scan. Was your kind of cancer thought to me classified. It had been my comprehending that PET scans just worked for low differentiated cancers.

I understand, by how I'm that there surely is still something happening. After 3 sugeriers I understand my body pretty much. I've chose to get a deliver viewpoint from our region Cancer Center Coalition simply to make certain nothing got missed.

Wish your visit went well.

Jules
Burty

Lymph Nodes

Postby Gace » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:08 pm

I'd my thyroid removed 3/05. I've had two extra operations since that time to get rid of positive lymph nodes. The very first was a modified radical neck dissection about the right-side the 2nd was a main area neck dissection. I had been informed by my Endocrinologist that surgery was the sole correct choice for me personally since lymph nodes are thick and greasy plus they don't absorb Radioactive Iodine. I will have routine ultrasounds searching especially for irregular or suspicious lymph nodes. If we do discover then we biopsy them-and surgically remove them. The ultrasound is definately a location to begin.

This at this time is my only accurate method to search for reoccurance since I have hold the thyroglobulin antibody which totally obscures by diagnostic tests.

Best of Luck
Julie
Gace

Return to Thyroid Cancer