Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Experimental Cancer Patient Wants Others to Benefit

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lymph nodes, shoulder and neck pain. HELP :(?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby kilian » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:16 pm

About 5 months I developed a really stiff and sore neck. Above my left clavicle I could feel a hard lump thing I assumed was a swollen lymph node. I could not sleep on my left side or use my left arm because the pain was so intense and it also raised my left shoulder muscle up so high it was extremely noticeable. I went to the doctor multiple times and was told I had things from a sinus infection, ear infection and then to simply nothing at all. As the months went by I started to develop lymph nodes on the left side of my neck (right under my ear, 2 more in front of my glands, and one that goes down the SCM (sternocleidomastoid muscle). The symptoms seemed to go away after a few weeks, and many failed attempts with antibiotics but have recently returned but not as severe. Now I have aches and pains all over.
I'll list them off..
Muscle spasms and twitches in the muscle running down the left side of my neck.
Left elbow pain which sometimes switches to the right side.
Right middle thigh pain that feels like a stab. (It feels like a really deep bruise but there is no apparently swelling or bruising. The pain is also 1/3 down inner thigh)
Left and sometimes Right arm pain and weakness. (I can't even open heavy doors now without using both arms.
Pain on my first rib on the left side. Hard to explain but that side of my chest gets very hot and has a dull achy feel to it.

I can't think of any more at the moment but overall I feel like I am way too young to be feeling this way (I'm 17 years old :|...)

I've googled the heck out of all my symptoms and always think I am close to finding out what could be wrong but I really can't be sure. Not even the doctors that have seen me can find anything wrong, but I've got a gut feeling that something is and it needs to be taken care of.

I have also had a horrible cough that has lasted for MONTHS with no alarming phlegm. I do smoke but smoking does not seem to irritate anything that's been going on with me.

I was wondering if anybody out there has had any symptoms like me and if they ever found out what was wrong with them, please tell me :(

My latest google search said lymphoma, and I'd rather not develop anxiety from internet searches.

Thanks in advance!
kilian

Postby dywel » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:21 pm

First of all.....DON'T Google! You will end up thinking you have every disease under the sun!.
Alot of times, when you have or HAD a viral infection, your lymph nodes can be swollen from anywhere in your upper body/ neck area...sometimes even on the lower base of your skull! If they are sore...that is s good sign!
If you do keep experiencing symptoms that are bothersome or worrisome to YOU....please get a second opinion from another MD...or go back to your own and explain to he or she your concerns.
Sometimes, we tend to let our mind get the best of us. So don't worry....just follow up! Good Luck!
dywel

Return to Lymphoma