Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lump on the right side of my head. Is it a brain tumor?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby kegan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 am

I've been having weird pressure on the left side of my head for like 2 seconds, it comes and goes. But, about 2 years ago, I started getting migraines, like every six months. Now I'm getting them more frequently. My doctor said it was just migraines. But I noticed on the right side of my head in the middle, theres like this big boney bump. It seems like the bone has pushed out or extended out. It's like normal, and the bone then normal again, it's kinda hard to explain, but basically I feel the bone extended outwards. I'm worried that I have a brain tumor. The bump doesn't hurt at all, but I've been having headaches lately. I'm only 16, and I told my mom but she thinks im being rediculous but I'm really worried.
kegan

Postby stephanos6 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 am

Brain tumours do not cause any exterior defects as you're suggesting. The brain is housed in the skull, which is very strong bone, any tumours growing on or in the brain would not cause this bone to buckle. Instead, there would be reduced space between your brain and the skull, causing severe headaches, and depending on where the tumour was; vision alterations, mood swings, fainting, balance and co-ordination problems etc.

If you're very worried, see a doctor! Only they can tell you what the lump is on your head. It could be just "extra" bone, nothing to worry about unless it gets bigger. Or it could be a cyst, which would need sorting out as they can grow. I hope everything works out for you! Good luck!
stephanos6

Postby iye » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:49 am

Your just like me! I worry over anything lol. I wouldnt worry I'm 18 and my head has like lumps around it. I have on the left and right point of my head where you Are saying two bumps like an extended bone. I doubt it wry very much it is a brain tumour!
The migrains are more frequent becaus you are constantly worrying. Trust me by experience I know lol! I even feel sick when I over analyse stuff!! Dnt worry if your still worried just check. No harm doing that :))
iye

Postby thompson36 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:59 am

Yes, you are being ridiculous about the cancer. But something is going on, so ask to go to your regular doctor and get checked out.
thompson36

Return to Brain Tumors