Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Research – Double Mastectomy Not Improving Survival Rates

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lump on my armpit that really hurts?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby paegastun » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Ok first of all , I am a girl. so I got a pimple on my arpit at the same place like three weeks ago and I popped it. Now, like yesterday the same place started to hurt again. I felt my armpit and there was a small lump the size of half a pea. Thinking it was a pimple I tried popping it for a long time but no pus would come out or anyhing. I put some cream on it and went to sleep, waking up with a pain where the lump is. Being stupid, I tried to pop it again and trying for a really long tine and nothing would come out so I felt it properly and it feels like a ball the size of a pea under my skin on my armpit. Overnight the lump got more red and bigger like 1 and a half cm in diameter. It really hurts and I am really scared I am 13 and a half years old and I use veet spray on hair removal cream on my armpit. The first pimple came after using this product, Is it a cyst, ingrown hair, boil, a swollen lymph node or do i have breast cancer, I'm really scared please help me. Is it harmful and what can I do to make it heal. What should I do please help me I am really scared please
paegastun

Postby gower » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:23 pm

sounds like a cyst. thats nothing to freak out over. go to the doctor and they will either pop it for you or you dont want to pop it theyll give you antibiotics to make it go away! good luck
gower

Postby thorntun40 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Maybe lymph node or whatever, or cyst as mentione before me. Ingrown hair maybe? Had the same happen to me, kinda, when I was young.
thorntun40

Postby aldo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Sounds like a boil....you should never try to pop a pimple or boil,you can introduce an infection(staph) into your bloodstream by doing that...that's how people die from sepsis.Go to your doctor asap..he'll know what to do.
aldo

Postby celestine » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Don't worry just go to your doctor and he/she will help. (:
celestine

Postby leyman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 pm

i am facing exact problem

i have lump in my right armpit and it hurts when i try to touch or squeeze it..

its a lymph node which is enlarged

and my doctor said its because my body is fighting against infection or even because im working too much with my write hand which is causing lymph nodes to enlarge

its been the same for 2 years and i just left it like that.. it does no harm at all unless u touch it right??

just wait for a week or two, if it enlarges or something or if the pain increases, then tel ur doctor to drain the lymph node.. :) it is the ultimate solution for getting rid of the pain

take care dear
leyman

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer