Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lump on Breast. Please, please help.?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby farnall » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:05 am

I've had a lump on my breast for about a year now- or at least that's when I first detected it. The lump is incredibly firm and more or less fixed. It's easy to spot and even protrudes a little bit when I feel around my breast. A year ago, I was merely experiencing slight breast pains so I didn't think much of it given the fact that I'm young/hormonal/whatever. Recently, however, the pain has become really sharp and does NOT abate. The degrees of the pain vary, but I feel a nonstop constant discomfort in that breast.

This lump is definitely pronounced and abnormal. I'm eighteen years old and am really frightened. There's a bruise underneath my breast now where the lump is. Breast cancer runs in my family. The lump feels like a ball. It's slightly bigger than the size of a marble.

Could this be a cancerous tumor? I'm very worried.
farnall

Postby eijaz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:18 am

I've had a lump on my breast for about a year now- or at least that's when I first detected it. The lump is incredibly firm and more or less fixed. It's easy to spot and even protrudes a little bit when I feel around my breast. A year ago, I was merely experiencing slight breast pains so I didn't think much of it given the fact that I'm young/hormonal/whatever. Recently, however, the pain has become really sharp and does NOT abate. The degrees of the pain vary, but I feel a nonstop constant discomfort in that breast.

This lump is definitely pronounced and abnormal. I'm eighteen years old and am really frightened. There's a bruise underneath my breast now where the lump is. Breast cancer runs in my family. The lump feels like a ball. It's slightly bigger than the size of a marble.

Could this be a cancerous tumor? I'm very worried.
not to scare you, but i would of went and checked it out a year ago when i first noticed it. one thing, for it to be cancer, it needs cancerous cells. if you have a tumor, and it ain't cancerous (cause they tested the tissue),, they USUALLY won't take it out. but if it is cancerous, they most likely take it out cuz most of the times it speards. you're 18, that's really young, even if it'S cancer, you have a really big chance of fighting it, but you can't wait that long. seriously, go get it checked out.
eijaz

Postby eijaz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 am

Sounds more like acyst than anything else.

See a Dr and get it checked/treated.
eijaz

Postby chayim » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am

Please contact doctor
chayim

Postby corley39 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:00 am

Oh, don't you worry. I too had a lump exactly like yours.... firm, round and I had breast pains whenever my menses is on. First I went to see a Dr in the Govt hosp. I was examined and told that the lumps were merely extensions of my breast towards my armpit. You see I had big voluptuous breasts and these lumps run in my family. Every sister of mine has these lumps in their breast.
But a few months after that incident, I really spotted a lump the size of a small marble... the type that is made of glass and multi coloured.
So I again went to the Hosp and with sugery and a biopsy it was only a fibrioadenama..... and they are all benign.
The Surgeon Mr Ng explained in detail all about tumours. From then onwards, I always give encouragement to my friends or aquaintances and explain to them what is biopsy, benigh tumour, malignent tumour and cancer.
So inyour case, go immediately to a surgeon for a biopsy.
Chances of it being benigh is more than being malignant.
corley39

Return to Breast Cancer