Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lump on back of neck?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Lump on back of neck?

Postby leon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:03 am

So I was feeling the back of my neck and I found a lump the size of a pea behind my neck like sitting on or over my hairline! It hurts a little when you press on it and its under my skin! I also found this hard lump on my head that hurts a lot! Idk if it's bone or a lump. I'm 15 and I'm worried I'm getting cancer because my brother had it before when he was 12
leon

Lump on back of neck?

Postby aeccestane » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:10 am

Get it checked out , seriously . You dont need yahoo to tell you this . Especially if your brother had cancer
aeccestane

Lump on back of neck?

Postby anakausuen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:13 am

It's called an " ingrown" hair it's perfectly normal for people around your age it'll go away in a few days or mabey a week
anakausuen

Lump on back of neck?

Postby bailefour » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:17 am

It's probably nothing serious. I have a lump on my back that is soft and painless. It is a harmless collection of fat known as a lipoma. You better get it checked by a doctor just to be safe though.
bailefour

Lump on back of neck?

Postby zacharias » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 am

Sounds like a sebaceous cyst. They are quite common around the scalp. They are harmless but if it bothers you, you can have it removed under a local anesthetic at your doctors.
zacharias

Lump on back of neck?

Postby avinoam » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:37 am

It is most likely a lymph node. I have one that grows and shrinks in the same spot. They usually get larger when they are fighting off infections. Do you possibly suffer from acne? I went to the doctor and asked him about them and he said the cause could definitely be from acne which is an infection.

Pay close attention to the size of it and if it doesn't get any smaller soon, i highly recommend going to see your doctor. But generally enlarger lymph nodes aren't a cause for concern unless they grow over the size of a half inch.
avinoam

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer