Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lump In Breast (my right side)?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby arend » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:47 am

I have discovered a lump in my breast a while ago, its on my right side. I dont drink soda or any form of caffine. I dont eat much sugary food. It worries me that it is there & lately I have lost my appetite. I have a history of cancer in my family (mom - cervical cancer ; grandma - breast cancer ; dad - cancer in his brain & so on). I am only 18 so I dont know if I should worry or get it checked out. Any suggestions on what it can be? And if it was breast cancer what would be the symptoms?
arend

Postby rhys » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 am

Why on earth have you not been to the doctors, go immediately. With a history of cancer in your family you honestly shouldn't have taken the risk by waiting for so long. You can get cancer at any age, it's just more likely in older people, go to your doctor as soon as you can.
rhys

Postby dywel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:00 am

You need to get that checked out ASAP. It doesn't necessarily mean you have developed breast cancer, and it may be a cyst. I have had at least 5 friends under the age of 19 who have had to get cysts removed from their breasts because they as well felt a lump. It was removed and sometimes not even found cancerous. It just happens in women, and there are many outcomes once you discover your lump.
Please please do not wait another day, call your doctor and tel lthem what you found and they will get you in as soon as possible!!!
dywel

Postby gunn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:05 am

Hi, I doubt very much it is breast cancer as it is almost unheard of for anyone under 20 to get it, even with a hisotry of cancer in your family. I don't think it's anything to worry about, some women get temporary lumps that disappear after a bit. You could get it checked out but I doubt it's anything serious. All the best. :) x
gunn

Postby prescott81 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:08 am

Please get it checked, especially as cancer runs through the last two generations of your family.
prescott81

Postby lemmy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:14 am

Please get it checked, especially as cancer runs through the last two generations of your family.
Rinnay.
Get it checked out. Now!
lemmy

Postby shandy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:24 am

thats right go emergency and dont take the risk.
shandy

Postby avinoam » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 am

Please get it checked, could be cancer since it is ur family xx

What to look out for
Changes that could be due to a breast cancer are
* A lump or thickening in an area of the breast
* A change in the size or shape of a breast
* Dimpling of the skin
* A change in the shape of your nipple, particularly if it turns in, sinks into the breast or becomes irregular in shape
* A blood stained discharge from the nipple
* A rash on a nipple or surrounding area
* A swelling or lump in your armpit

A breast that is often itchy:
If you have itchy breasts or nipples, talk to your doctor. These are both symptoms of breast cancer.
The skin around the breast is dimpled or looks like an orange peel:
Breast and surrounding skin can take on a dimpled appearance, looking like an orange peel. Many women are too embarassed to show a doctor, thinking it is cellulite or from being overweight. This is not the case.
Swollen or breast that does not change with menstrual cycle or size increase:
It's normal for a woman's breast to become swollen and tender during a normal menstrual cycle, but when it's constant, it need to be evaluated by a doctor. Women also need to be aware of a sudden breast size increase.
Breast that is red or blotchy:
A breast that is red or blotchy, even having a rash-like appearance should be evaluated by a doctor. It is a symptom of inflammatory breast cancer. Inflammatory breast cancer is a type of cancer that is often undected by a mammogram and self breast exam.
To find out whether specific symptoms are associated with breast cancer, read the

Breastcancer.org experts' answers to common questions about:

* lumps
* nipple changes
* cysts
* breast pain
avinoam

Return to Cervical Cancer