Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Liver Cancer Life Expectancy?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby stephano65 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:45 am

my mum has a metastatic liver cancer from the breast had treatment which finished 3 months ago, now she is weak and her blood count drops very quickly like from 11.7 to 7.3 in 2weeks and from 7.3 to 5.7 in 4 days. she keeps getting blood transfusion and iv antibiotics for a horrible fever that comes in the evenings and some early mornings. the doctors say its only supportive care for a poor prognosis, how much time do u think i have left with her?
stephano65

Postby Winnie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:53 am

I have to be honest with you my aunt was fine one minute and the next she went into the er for back pain they said she had a blood infection and sent her home a month later and 3 days after coming home the called and said its urgent to come in she had stage 2 ovarian cancer and stage 3 pancreatic cancer and they had to put stens in because it was collecting bio and she had a golf ball size tumor . she died 3 weeks later. theres really no telling just spend all the time you can with you and pray for her thats really all you can do. i am sorry you are going through this its hard
Winnie

Postby Delane » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:08 pm

She doesn?t have metastatic liver cancer ? she has metastatic breast cancer. She does not have liver cancer at all.

You are not telling us enough to answer you. So, it is best to ask her doctor. People with stage 4 breast cancer can live 8-10 years or more with a 5 year survival rate of 20%, but once it has spread to the liver it is not as long.

Ovarian and pancreatic cancers are completely different diseases and cannot be compared to breast cancer.
Delane

Return to Pancreatic Cancer