Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Kidney Stone

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Kidney Stone

Postby Worden » Thu May 05, 2016 11:08 am

Hi doctor, I have been detected with a 6 mm kidney stone in he upper 1/3rd of my right ureter.i had a pain about five days back due o which Owens for sonography and X-ray n found about it.i have consulted three urologists in India and out of these two say I need to get it removed using ureteroscopy. But I want o know if there is a slight possibility that it can be treated through medicines.i do not have pain anymore.also no problem in urination.
Worden

Kidney Stone

Postby Baynebridge » Sat May 07, 2016 10:18 am

Hi doctor, I have been detected with a 6 mm kidney stone in he upper 1/3rd of my right ureter.i had a pain about five days back due o which Owens for sonography and X-ray n found about it.i have consulted three urologists in India and out of these two say I need to get it removed using ureteroscopy. But I want o know if there is a slight possibility that it can be treated through medicines.i do not have pain anymore.also no problem in urination.
Baynebridge

Kidney Stone

Postby daryn » Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am

Vinay

While the stone most likely cannot be dissolved, medication can help it to pass. However, it is large enough that it will.probably get stuck again and cause.more pain so we usually recommend surgery for stones of that size in the proximal ireter. !Ask about ESWL treatment instead of ureteroscopy; both are reasonable in this case.
daryn

Return to Kidney Cancer