Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Kidney Cancer Path Results

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Postby Wyligby » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:37 am

My husband had left kidney removed due to RCC.  These are the path results.  can you explain them to me?  In particular, the Suspicious for lymphovascular invasion part. Thanks for any help you can be.

Sandy

b. tumor 11 cm(I thought it was 13cm)

c. confined to kidney,margins negative

d. Fuhrman nuclear grade 3

e. Suspicious for lymphovascular invasion(this worries me)  lot's of numbers next:

PT: pT2, pN: pNX, pM: pMX

T71020, M83123, TYX000, M80001, T71000, M00100, M80003, T08000 tumor measured 11.0x8.0x7.0 then says again Lymphovascular invasion: suspicious. ANSWER: Not to go into technicalities, the basic message is that he had a rather big kidney cancer. However it seems the whole primary cancer has been cut out. But what worries you worries me too, since there are suspicious signs that his cancer has invaded lymph vessels from where it can and may invade the rest of his body. There is unfortunately right now no therapy for that. His cancer was 11x8x7 centimeters in size(1 inch = 2.54 centimeters).

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Thank you for your time to answer my question.  Can you tell me what you would consider prognosis for stage T2, grade 3 with "suspicious lymphovascular invasion"?  I really want to ask his drs these questions when we go but I'm not so sure he really wants to know these things as long as scans come out clear but I just want to have the whole picture of what we are dealing with. His diag &surgery was in Jan 07. We just had his 1st 6 mo follow-up with ct, chest xray, blood.  Scans were clean but blood showed elevated creat and bun so he did pet. This was clear also so he's seeing a kidney spec this week and we will be having follow-ups every 3 mos from now on. Again, thank you so much.
Wyligby

Postby Orrick » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:28 am

My husband had left kidney removed due to RCC.  These are the path results.  can you explain them to me?  In particular, the Suspicious for lymphovascular invasion part. Thanks for any help you can be.

Sandy

b. tumor 11 cm(I thought it was 13cm)

c. confined to kidney,margins negative

d. Fuhrman nuclear grade 3

e. Suspicious for lymphovascular invasion(this worries me)  lot's of numbers next:

PT: pT2, pN: pNX, pM: pMX

T71020, M83123, TYX000, M80001, T71000, M00100, M80003, T08000 tumor measured 11.0x8.0x7.0 then says again Lymphovascular invasion: suspicious. ANSWER: Not to go into technicalities, the basic message is that he had a rather big kidney cancer. However it seems the whole primary cancer has been cut out. But what worries you worries me too, since there are suspicious signs that his cancer has invaded lymph vessels from where it can and may invade the rest of his body. There is unfortunately right now no therapy for that. His cancer was 11x8x7 centimeters in size(1 inch = 2.54 centimeters).

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Thank you for your time to answer my question.  Can you tell me what you would consider prognosis for stage T2, grade 3 with "suspicious lymphovascular invasion"?  I really want to ask his drs these questions when we go but I'm not so sure he really wants to know these things as long as scans come out clear but I just want to have the whole picture of what we are dealing with. His diag &surgery was in Jan 07. We just had his 1st 6 mo follow-up with ct, chest xray, blood.  Scans were clean but blood showed elevated creat and bun so he did pet. This was clear also so he's seeing a kidney spec this week and we will be having follow-ups every 3 mos from now on. Again, thank you so much.
Orrick

Postby Brasil » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Actually impossible to say at present. Statistics is for vast numbers of cases not for a single case like this. Then probabbilities are more difficult to estimate. Furthermore if it has NOT spread he should have a good prognosis BUT if it has his prognosis probably will be bad. That is all I can say at present unfortunately!
Brasil

Return to Kidney Cancer