Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Kidney/bladder Cancer

All discussions relating to bladder cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Kidney/bladder Cancer

Postby Winward » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:48 am

Hello,

My 59 year old mom recently had an extremely bad lower back ache on one sad(i dont think it was her flank, lower than that, by her hip more) and a week later also noticed blood in her urine. She has a past with kidney stones so the day she noticed the blood, she drank a lot of water, and then headed to urgent care. he took a urine sample and an x ray, both showing no signs of kidney stone or infection. he advised her to see her doctor, but assuming it was nothing she didnt.

then a few days later she had blood in her urine again and went to her doctor who took urine and blood samples, pressed on her stomach to see if there were any masses(there werent)and she has an appointment tomorrow to get an ultra sound.

my question is, how likely is this bladder or kidney cancer? is it possible that because she drank so much water prior to her urine test that it may have affected the results? it seems like having kidney stones or kidney cancer have the same symptoms so im really scared right now. your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

mary ann
Winward

Kidney/bladder Cancer

Postby Heinrich » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 am

Hello,

My 59 year old mom recently had an extremely bad lower back ache on one sad(i dont think it was her flank, lower than that, by her hip more) and a week later also noticed blood in her urine. She has a past with kidney stones so the day she noticed the blood, she drank a lot of water, and then headed to urgent care. he took a urine sample and an x ray, both showing no signs of kidney stone or infection. he advised her to see her doctor, but assuming it was nothing she didnt.

then a few days later she had blood in her urine again and went to her doctor who took urine and blood samples, pressed on her stomach to see if there were any masses(there werent)and she has an appointment tomorrow to get an ultra sound.

my question is, how likely is this bladder or kidney cancer? is it possible that because she drank so much water prior to her urine test that it may have affected the results? it seems like having kidney stones or kidney cancer have the same symptoms so im really scared right now. your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

mary ann
Heinrich

Kidney/bladder Cancer

Postby ernesto » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:30 am

Itis possible that she has a cancer somewhere in her urinary system. In a case like this it is impossible to produce any probability figures. However ALL cases with blood in their urine should be investigated with this in mind! In your mother's case she should be checked with ultrasound, urography(kidney x-rays), cystoscopy of her bladder and maybe with CT and perhaps MRI scans too. Cytology of her urine and the cleaning fluid used during cystoscopy should also be done. It may be a stone that has passed but she has bled on 2 occasions and no stone has been seen so she should be investigated thoroughly! Good luck! Do keep me posted!
ernesto

Return to Bladder Cancer