Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is vaseline bad for you?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Is vaseline bad for you?

Postby hearpere » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 am

i was looking up what the side-affects were for using vaseline. I noticed one said that it causes breast cancer. I have used vaseline or petroleum jelly for my eye makeup remover since as long as i can remember. some people say it cant cause breast cancer and some say it does. i dont want to have breast cancer. if i would have known this earlier, i would have stopped using it.
hearpere

Is vaseline bad for you?

Postby armaan83 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

I don't think it is. It clogs pores, though, so don't put it on your face.
armaan83

Is vaseline bad for you?

Postby arran » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:02 am

I dont mean to seem, umm, uhhh, well let me start over.

Think about all the chemicals you ingest every day. By that I mean EVERYTHING. Chemicals in foods, trace amounts of all sorts of interesting things in the water you drink. Pollutants in the air you breathe. Do you smoke or drink? Are you 420 friendly? Do you live in a big city? Do you use a cell phone? Do you take OTC pain killers when you have a headache? Do you take something for cramps when you're on your period?

You're worried about using a little vaseline to remove mascara and eye liner?

Do you know how much vaseline they had to feed to 1000 lab rats before ONE of them was found to have breast cancer?

If you began trying to eliminate all the things in your environment that were thought to contribute to the possibility of developing breast cancer you would end up living in a cave and subsisting on nothing but distilled water, free range chicken, and organic bean curd. Go ahead and remove the vaseline from your daily regimen, it's a start, right?

Edited to add: I do not mean to make light of your health concerns or the threat that breast cancer poses to women.
arran

Is vaseline bad for you?

Postby lazaro » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 am

I've never heard of it causing cancer before. Does it have parabens in it? Look in the ingredients for anything that ends in paraben. Those are suspected for causing cancer but it hasn't been proving. Maybe that's what you heard. I've never used vaseline as eye makeup remover but I know that baby oil works so maybe you'd wanna try that.
lazaro

Is vaseline bad for you?

Postby paschal » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:16 am

Everything artificial can cause cancer. The chances just vary from person to person. Also, they stick that on there as a disclaimer, so you can't Sue them for not warning you about potential cancer.
paschal

Is vaseline bad for you?

Postby lockwood » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:18 am

it can show cancer but other removers are prob. the same
answer mine :)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110813143839AA4TkdT
lockwood

Is vaseline bad for you?

Postby avinoam » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:24 am

I don't think vaseline is harmful to your health it is like you said just petroleum jelly.
avinoam

Return to Cancer Prevention