Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is There A Program That Will Pay Me For Working With My Mom Who Has Bone Cancer And I Am The Only Child

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Is There A Program That Will Pay Me For Working With My Mom Who Has Bone Cancer And I Am The Only Child

Postby Machar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:23 pm

Someone I once worked with took a leave of absence to take care of her ill Mother and said that she was getting paid by the state to do this. She said that instead of paying a caregiver they were going to pay her.   Leesa914 49 months ago
Machar

Postby Bartolomeo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Bone cancer is very very painful. She should be placed on "Hospice" at this time. They will have people to care for her and freely give her pain medicine needed for comfort measues, provide food, like meals on wheels. They are truly angels of Mercy. You should be enjoying the time you have left with your mom. Treasure your stories you tell each other, read to her a favorite book or bible, enjoy her favorite music. Make wonderful memories of the blessed time you have left together. Don't worry about taking care of her, love her and tell her you love her. play a day of "Make-up". Every woman feels better when she looks good. No difference because of a sickness. Keep a journal of what you talk about to share with others later. Have a blessed night tonight and every night.   PeeFaye 48 months ago
Bartolomeo

Postby Ellard » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:58 am

You people are terrible. Awful.I'm sorry about your mom. Help depends on the state you live in. However, I must impart how stressful it is to become a primary caregiver. Take help when you can. Trust me, it is essential to your emotional well-being. Home health agencies should be covered under your mom's insurance - to at least give you a break when you need it. If you let me know which state you live in, perhaps I can do some research to help you.A, R.N.   AlisRN 49 months ago
Ellard

Postby Deems » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:21 am

Let's see - you want my tax money to pay you for helping take care of your mother.Hmmmm.   ElBanditoRoso 49 months ago
Deems

Postby Tilton » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:48 am

I worked for a hospice in PA and one of the nursing assistants said that she was approved by Medicaid to be her mother's caretaker. She was not paid by Medicare, which hospice gets it's funds from. As Ali states, you will need breaks and things will not get easier. If you want your mom at home, I would strongly suggest Hospice care if she qualifies, for both you and your mom. Pay will be small and the work will become physically hard for you as her disease progresses. It is commendable for you to want to do this, but just remember to take care of yourself. Private home care is very expensive; there would be no out of pocket charge for hospice but they will not be there 24/7, either. I would start with calling Medicaid if your mother is qualified for that - it would mean no funds of her own. Good luck.   pammyj 49 months ago
Tilton

Postby MacAndrew » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:38 am

What do yu expect? I do not know of any.   Gary4books 49 months ago
MacAndrew

Postby Brickman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:01 pm

No, there isn't.   TurboB 49 months ago
Brickman

Return to Bone Cancer