Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is there a charity that helps disabled people buy a car?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby ecgbeorht » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm

I have a terminal illness but am still able to drive. I need a car to get to med. appts, shop, and do charity work for Make a Wish Foundation. I am trying to give hope to these kids because I am surviving with a brain tumor. Being on disability doesnt allow me to put out a chunk of $ for a car. I need help, it doesnt have to be much, just good gas milage due to gas costs these days. Can anybody help me?
ecgbeorht

Postby brant » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm

I have a terminal illness but am still able to drive. I need a car to get to med. appts, shop, and do charity work for Make a Wish Foundation. I am trying to give hope to these kids because I am surviving with a brain tumor. Being on disability doesnt allow me to put out a chunk of $ for a car. I need help, it doesnt have to be much, just good gas milage due to gas costs these days. Can anybody help me?
brant

Postby cuchulain » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:25 pm

In the UK you can claim Disability Living Allowance from the government and provided you are awarded the higher rate you can get a car from Motability. You don't have to pay for anything apart from your petrol
cuchulain

Postby japhet25 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Have you tried Motability.
japhet25

Postby caomh » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:36 pm

I think that the purple heart organization helps with that.
caomh

Postby shen21 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:46 pm

if you livin in the uk, u can claim disablilty living alowence and they can give you free equipment and a brand new car might be worth checkin out!!!
shen21

Postby manville60 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Check with Ur area's Center for In-depend Living.
Their is a Med-a-care Waver that will help I think.
manville60

Postby chitto » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:59 pm

In the States, there are various organizations that I know do that. Why not simply check under the yellow pages for starters -- charities. There may be some government (federal, statewide, & even some local ones) grants available to you as well. Religious organizations also pony up in some cases for assistance in this area. You might want to simply try a google search to find a charity for vehicle assistance.

Best of luck to you in your search and God Bless You!
chitto

Return to Brain Tumors