Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is The Hpv Gardasil Vaccine (the Male Version) Trusted/safe?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby Hid » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Today I received the first dose of the vaccine and I was a bit unsure about it. I am not sure if a lot of guys received it and if it was a good thing to get. I know there was a lot of controversy when the female one first came out. The doctor absolutely insisted that I had this shot. Even though I am of age to sign for myself, they really never asked for my actual permission but talked to my dad separelt about it and convinced him it was a good idea. The nurse was very moody and did not want to deal with my questions about it and I did not sign off on it until after I got the shot. Although this really pisses me off, i am not trying to start a legal battle or anything, i am really only concerned as to whether this shot is trustworthy, thanks.
Hid

Postby Myrick » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Sex is not the only way to transmit HPV. ALL people can transmit HPV, the H stands for Human, btw. Does no longer topic when you've got been vaccinated or no longer. The vaccination protects you from being inclined with HPV, HPV can still be to your system however your immune method is informed to manage it (immunization).
Myrick

Postby Dunne » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:50 pm

I think there are lots of reasons to be concerned given the politicians who are paid by the drug companies are the ones who pushed for this drug to be approved and marketed to kids.
We have gone thousands of years without such a vaccine and why is it suddenly important? Seems funny that few girls got the vaccine so suddenly boys had to take it.
My two cents, anyway, sorry you had to take the first one.
Dunne

Postby Dante » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:53 pm

The people making the vaccine insist that it's "safe." And politicians/bureaucrats receiving financial "contributions" from those pharmaceutical companies say that you "need" it.
That should give you a clue, no?
Dante

Postby Seiji » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:55 pm

The HPV vaccine is undoubtedly safe, but its efficiency - especially in boys - has not yet been proven.

There are many strains of HPV but the vaccine only protects against two of them.
Admittedly these are the ones which cause the most cervical cancers, but the other strains also cause cervical cancer and genital warts.
For a greater degree of protection against all strains of HPV boys should be circumcised (which is approx 60% effective compared with the estimated 30% for the vaccine).

The doctor and nurse should, however, have answered your questions before giving you the shot.
Seiji

Return to Cervical Cancer