Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is Removing Asbestos Siding Before Installing New Siding Would Raise Property Value ?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Is Removing Asbestos Siding Before Installing New Siding Would Raise Property Value ?

Postby Bardalph » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 am

If I properly remove asbestos siding from my property would it pay back in long run?
Bardalph

Postby Primeiro » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 am

Probably not.
Asbestos on a property is in some cases considered a defect.
Defects when removed do not raise property values in the same way as installing a feature like another bathroom or a new kitchen.

Additionally, siding that has been removed is probably little better than siding that is left in place.
Once it is covered over how would you suggest that it has been removed? Will you offer a certificate? Will a new buyer accept your certificate? Will they pay you more for a problem that is not there? I doubt it.

One treatment for asbestos is to "encapsulate" it.
Siding that is covered over while not entirely closed off is certainly more closed than it was before.

Finally there are two categories of asbestos.
One flys around in the air quite easily and another like the type in floor tiles pretty much stays where it is.
Siding is closer to the stay where it is kind and as such is not as much of a problem as the flying around kind.
Primeiro

Return to Mesothelioma Forum