Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is peeling off a mole dangerous?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby arvon39 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am

So I had this really nasty mole on the right of my pubes (I know -_-), and it was really getting on my nerves. I'm only 12, but pain has ever really held me back from these kind of things as I am really used to pain. So I took one of my pocket knives and (I know this sounds gross) jammed it under the mole, until I could get some grabbing part. Then I peeled it off. But there was still a little brown circle of excess. It was really small, but never the less I took the knife and sliced and diced until most of it was gone. By then blood was over flooding and I couldn't see and it was starting to hurt.
Is what I did dangerous? Will it grow back? Should I do this to other moles? I mean you can get moles removed at the doc and they just numb you. I don't really need to be numbed (But would defiantly prefer it), so did I do like a good job or just some ghetto slicing? And I'm kinda worried about it growing into skin cancer?
arvon39

Postby sevrin46 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am

So I had this really nasty mole on the right of my pubes (I know -_-), and it was really getting on my nerves. I'm only 12, but pain has ever really held me back from these kind of things as I am really used to pain. So I took one of my pocket knives and (I know this sounds gross) jammed it under the mole, until I could get some grabbing part. Then I peeled it off. But there was still a little brown circle of excess. It was really small, but never the less I took the knife and sliced and diced until most of it was gone. By then blood was over flooding and I couldn't see and it was starting to hurt.
Is what I did dangerous? Will it grow back? Should I do this to other moles? I mean you can get moles removed at the doc and they just numb you. I don't really need to be numbed (But would defiantly prefer it), so did I do like a good job or just some ghetto slicing? And I'm kinda worried about it growing into skin cancer?
sevrin46

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer