Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: United Kingdom Seeing Increase in Skin Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is my boyfriend too aggressive?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby seton » Sat May 11, 2013 11:05 am

We have a great relationship...for the most part.
We have been together 3 years. I am 19 he is 22. I have lived with him for 1 1/2 year.
I some times hit him when I'm mad (a slap on the arm or an even lighter smack on the cheek). I know this is not okay but he has te WORSE temper and it pisses me off to this point. He gets mad over the smallest things and says the most hurtful things to me.
When he gets mad enough, after I hit him he will push me, restrain me, or grab me with force. He has never hit me but he does put his hands on me like I said.

Is this okay?

He had leukemia and I went through that with him and I have been with him for a while. When its good it's really good. We love eachother very much...it's a very wonderful feeling. He can be so sweet, caring, and would do anything for me. But his temper is just terrible!

I don't want to leave him at all.

Advice????
seton

Postby hannraoi » Sat May 11, 2013 11:12 am

Don't leave him.

Sit down and talk with him. Be loving to one another & put aside differences...

YOU - no more hitting
HE - yes he had the right to restrain you. Pushing would be an issue based on situation (pushing off him while you are hitting?)

But you guys need to stop it and be a team in this world together.

Also letting you know, getting married you'll feel different and closer.
hannraoi

Return to Leukemia Forum