Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is it true that ramen noodles are coated in wax?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby absalon73 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 pm

There's been this picture going around facebook saying that ramen noodles are coated in wax and that wax keeps the noodles to stick to eachother in the package it also states that the wax can cause cancer. I love ramen noodles so I want to know if that's true or not. Thanks
absalon73

Postby choilleich » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Eww I sure hope not
choilleich

Postby werner » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:04 am

If it is going around in facebook, most likely that it is bullshit. If it is real, this would be national news and you would have heard it from a source other than facebook.
werner

Postby morio » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 am

I'm pretty sure it is not but I would look around other websites to verify that
morio

Postby segar » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:19 am

Apparently shim ramun and some other 3 minutes noodles have plastizers added to it to make it tender. This additive will make female infertility and for man, to prevent the growth of their genitals. It has been awhile that on the news about Taiwan had added plasticizer to milk shakes, fruit juices, and many more products. Sometimes, they fake their products to made in Japan or made in Korea to hide the place of origin of the food. Its really sad, that news on melamine is added to baby's formula. Marinated cardboard then grounded to make it taste and look like pork floss or meat and the list is endless. Scary but its true on those profit on top of profit greedy entreprenurs who use those techniques to make more money and disregards to human's health and welfare.
segar

Return to Cancer Prevention