Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is it possible I could have genital warts, HPV, or cervical cancer?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby lyulf68 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:48 am

I'm 19 years old and when I was in high school, I got the HPV vaccine called "Gardasil." Well, after that, on Valentine's Day of 2009 (February 14) I sort of slept with a guy and it was really sex because it went on for like one minute before I ended it and figured something wasn't right. He had a condom by the way. Now, it is late June 2010 and he tells me he has genital warts and some girl he had sex with after me has it too and got it before him.

After that night, in October of 2009 I got tested for every STD in the book and got a pap smear and everything came back normal and negative. Is there a possibility I could have gotten something from him? I don't know his complete history and now I'm freaking out.

Also, can you still get warts, HPV, or herpes if it's not necessarily "skin to skin" contact? Can pubic hair make a difference?
lyulf68

Postby anakausuen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:51 am

HPV Is a tricky little thing. It sounds to me like you've got all your bases covered. You have the shot which prevents the most dangerous strands, you've been checked for every std so there's less worry there, and you are getting normal pap smears.

I really dont think you have anything-especially since he discovered this so late after sleeping with you. It was probably someone after you he contracted it from.

You can get HPV and herpes through other ways though, like oral sex.
anakausuen

Postby reginhard » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 am

There is a possibility that you could have gotten something from him, especially if he made it a point to tell you that he has genital warts. Many people that get STDs don't show any symptoms until years after they have contracted it. But, I think you should be fine since it was almost 4 months after yall had sex that you got checked and nothing was wrong. Although just to be safe I would have regular check ups with the doctor and get a blood test each year. Warts, HPV, and herpes can all be contracted from sex/oral sex, but there are rare instances when people get it from sharing things such as towels. As far as pubic hair goes, it doesn't really make a difference at all. Although pubic hair can be a nuisance and cause some itching. Hope this helps!
reginhard

Return to Cervical Cancer