Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is It Endo?

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Is It Endo?

Postby MacKinnon » Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

I am a 32 yr old female with no children and For almost a year I have been having kidney pain(both sides) starts a week before my period. My periods are very painful with cramps and kidney pain, I also need to urinate allot and sometimes get urine leakage(only on my period rest of time it doesn't happen)I also think I have had blood in my urine on one occasion, I have been to my gp more times than I can count, all they do is blood and urine tests and say nothings wrong!!! I am sooo tired of the pain and discomfort, I also suffer from P.C.O.S, Insulin resistance, nausea, diahrea and acid reflux. Next week I am having an Endoscopy(doc thinks it's stomach related) but that won't show up Endo will it, so I feel let down as no one wants to listen to me.

In your experience do you think it could be Endo?
MacKinnon

Is It Endo?

Postby niccolo » Sun May 22, 2016 7:35 pm

I am a 32 yr old female with no children and For almost a year I have been having kidney pain(both sides) starts a week before my period. My periods are very painful with cramps and kidney pain, I also need to urinate allot and sometimes get urine leakage(only on my period rest of time it doesn't happen)I also think I have had blood in my urine on one occasion, I have been to my gp more times than I can count, all they do is blood and urine tests and say nothings wrong!!! I am sooo tired of the pain and discomfort, I also suffer from P.C.O.S, Insulin resistance, nausea, diahrea and acid reflux. Next week I am having an Endoscopy(doc thinks it's stomach related) but that won't show up Endo will it, so I feel let down as no one wants to listen to me.

In your experience do you think it could be Endo?
niccolo

Is It Endo?

Postby Lawson » Mon May 23, 2016 4:57 am

Hi Jo     Wow, this one could be a toss up. From my experience, endo can be present and feel present in alot of places in your body. There is recent research that endo can and does invade other organs, even something like the lungs.     Might the pain in your kidneys be back pain from your period? Just prior(and during) my period, my whole mid and lower back would be so painful, I now know it was because I had a tilted uterus and upon my cramping and swelling, everything hurt.     But I am not sure....I would get to a better gyno , maybe a high risk/fertility gyno that specializes in endo. To get a true reading, a laparoscopy procedure would have to be done. This is a minor, out patient surgery where the gyno explores all the organs associated with endo.     That would probably be my best advice. Endo can be tricky, so its imperative your have a great gyno to assist you.     I hope you feel better and get to the root of things.

Martha
Lawson

Return to Kidney Cancer