Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is It Dangerous For A Woman To Go Four Years Without A Having A Period?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby Briano » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:38 pm

I don't have health insurance, so I have been debating on how urgent it is to go in & have the condition checked out by a Gynecologist. I was thinking this might be caused by taking birth control pills for about 12 years and simultaneously being on Carbomazepine (the last nine years). I am curious if somehow this will affect my ability to have kids, and if it's harmful for my body to not go through menstrual cycles. Does anyone know if this is a sign of having cervical / some other cancer? Please help if you have any information. Thank you!
Briano

Postby Gideon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm

I don't have health insurance, so I have been debating on how urgent it is to go in & have the condition checked out by a Gynecologist. I was thinking this might be caused by taking birth control pills for about 12 years and simultaneously being on Carbomazepine (the last nine years). I am curious if somehow this will affect my ability to have kids, and if it's harmful for my body to not go through menstrual cycles. Does anyone know if this is a sign of having cervical / some other cancer? Please help if you have any information. Thank you!
Gideon

Postby Rambert » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Not always however it is a sign of another disease that is controllable called poly cystic ovaries disease. You need to see your doctor and ask her/him these questions. Good Luck
Rambert

Postby Ashu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:57 pm

I don't mean to accuse you of anything, but how are your eating habits? I know a lot of women with eating disorders will stop having their period.

it is never good to stop having a period for long amounts of time. I would suggest finding a planned parenthood or family planning. a lot of them have low income programs that you can get into, for example, take charge. if you qualify you don't have to pay for anything.

good luck!
Ashu

Postby Chul-Moo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:07 pm

your system is screwed up, u need to go see a doctor asap and its not ur birth control pills
Chul-Moo

Postby Columbanus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

i am going through the same thing... and i keep asking my self those same questions.. i don't have insruance either but i went and asked my family doctor, and he told me that i might be able to have kids it all depends on whats whats worng.. i was on birth control to regulate my time of the months i hadn't had on in over 3 yrs and i ended up getting pg... so their is hope but even tho u don't have insurance there r clinice that are for ppl that don't have it... maybe find one and get checked out
Columbanus

Return to Cervical Cancer