Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is It Cancer, Or Something Else?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

Postby gwyr » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:20 pm

A few days ago I noticed a lump in my scrotum, Not actually on a testicle though.

Ever since I noticed this I've been quite worried and been thinking about it a lot.

Today I finally managed to pluck up the courage to call the DR's and make an appointment, but with dr's being dr's the earliest appointment I could get is in 4 weeks...

I have tried googling testicular cancer, but all i can find is information that says it is likely to be cancer if there is an actual lump on a testicle. there is no information on any other kind of lumps down there.

Does anyone have any useful information, or has anyone had the same sort of thing??

any information would be appreciated. Thank you
gwyr

Postby Joaquin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Not cancer. It's a build up of fluid or an infection of some sort. Try taking an Aleve pill when you wake up and about 30 minutes before bed up until your Dr's apt. After a few days have another feel around down there and see if it's taken some of the swelling or lumpiness away.
Joaquin

Postby Eoforwic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Four weeks is not acceptable ! get along to A & E and been seen quickly.Im sure its nothing.Why do you think so negative that it might be cancer ? Look on the bright side and be positive.
Eoforwic

Postby Everardo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:24 pm

Not knowing your age makes it difficult to answer.

If you are a teenager, then it's unlikely to be cancer as it mostly affects males in the 25 to 40 area.

There are various others causes of lumps in the scrotum so don't worry about it for now.

You're doing the right thing by seeing a doctor. He/she will have an idea very quickly or might send you for a hospital check just to be absolutely sure.
Everardo

Postby Mansell » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm 23

I didn't rely want to tell the receptionist why I wanted to see a DR, I felt a little embarrassed.

It doesn't feel hard exactly, its like a small grape, I can (this may sound odd) squash it, and feel it pop, but then its back within a day, and there is a constant Dull ache to go with it. So not rely sure...
Mansell

Postby Ridge » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:35 pm

Nobody can say for sure chances are its harmless, you shouldnt have to wait for a month though, did you tell them what the problem was? if not. ring back tomorrow and tell them, if they still say you have to wait, say you will report them to the medical board .
Ridge

Return to Prostate Cancer