Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is Canine Spectra 7 okay for puppy shots or should I get shots somewhere else?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby fritzchen57 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

The lady I bought my puppy from had given my puppy the Canine Spectra 5 vaccine. It then says that we should give her Spectra 7 and Kennel-Jec2 at 9 weeks and continue to give her Spectra 7 every 3 weeks until she's hit 18 weeks. And then a yearly booster of Spectra 7 and Kennel-Jec 2. I've heard some bad things about these vaccines. Such as a yearly booster can cause things like cancer and more. I've also heard that it doesn't work as well because some of the vaccines are killed vaccines. Any info or experiences would be helpful. Thank you.
fritzchen57

Postby arlis100 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:04 pm

I also have a puppy who's breeder started him on Canine Spectra 5. I've talked to quite a few other breeders, asking whether or not home vaccinations are a good idea, and I've researched quite a bit. From everything I've read and heard, home vaccinations are fine, sometimes even better, as they stress your dog out less, but you should not solely rely on them. You should have AT LEAST one round of shots from the vet, and your rabies vaccine MUST be from the vet, because it is more dangerous, and has to be documented.
arlis100

Postby garran » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:09 pm

My breeder uses it and its fine its no different than Ft. Dodge , Galaxy, or Pfizer the only reason why many breeders use it its easy to administer its all pre measured and its a single dose. Cheaper if you vaccinate at home any you only have a couple puppies or dogs.

Cant any vaccine cause cancer? Its been said but its not scientifically proven. Allot of vaccines are killed vaccines.
garran

Return to Cancer Prevention