Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Research – Double Mastectomy Not Improving Survival Rates

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is a death from leukemia painful?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby atley » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 am

i was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia and i'm already thinking about death. i'm really scared.
atley

Postby molloy69 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am

i was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia and i'm already thinking about death. i'm really scared.
:( don't worry, just sent a prayer you way :)
Just stay strong, you'll get through
molloy69

Postby rhisiart » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:52 am

It can be painful. Chemo and radiation suck, but you have to fight, there is a lot of hope. You can totally beat this! Eat well, stay positive, pray if you are religious.
rhisiart

Postby evian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 am

Treatment for Acute Leukaemia's is grueling but doable if relapse occurs there are still options to be explored by way of continued treatment or Bone Marrow transplant which is also not pleasant but very doable, it's after this point if success is not reached that things can become painfully unpleasant.
I don't know how old you are but this also factors in on remission rates also gender, it helps greatly if you have an upbeat attitude, it's ok to be scared, this is a completely natural emotion, you will experience many emotions, don't be scared to talk about all your emotional issue's, it helps to get things off your chest and not compound them. It's more than ok to have your "pity parties" but don't let them consume you, get it out and over with when needed then jump back on the horse to continue winning the race....your a stayer, you can do this, all the best & I wish you well throughout your journey.....and hey it's not all bad there are many good times to be had to....people will surprise you :)

Hmm.....don't know if your for real after just reading your profile, boredom brings the worst out in some
evian

Postby agustin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:55 am

Hope im not steping on toes but in the bible youll find the verse in sickness my power is perfect this has always comforted me in sickness try not to worry about latter know how you feel now and the treatments are coming faster every day will pray for you and your health please dont give up keep fighting the cured are fighters and those numbers are growing every day just this month a guy i work with has been cured from a type of blood cancer hope love prayer family will get you through this just beleive
agustin

Return to Leukemia Forum