Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

IP Chemotherapy and Colon Cancer?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby absalon73 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 pm

I am a 33 Year old Female- I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer last month. The Oncologist is saying that IP Chemotherapy is the best option at this point. I've had the right half of my colon removed, (which included the baseball sized tumor) 18 lymph nodes (of which 8 were cancerous) my appendix and my omentum fat (both cancerous as well) and the surgeon spotted many cancerous nodules on the inside of my abdominal wall. I was trying to find information on how effective IP chemo is on Signet Ring Cell Mucinous Adenocarcinoma. Or at least research on IP chemo with colon cancer? Everything I'm finding is about IP chemo with ovarian cancer.
thanks!
absalon73

Postby weallere » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Intraperitoneal (IP) chemotherapy is performed by surgically implanting a line into the patient for delivery of liquid chemo drugs directly to the abdominal area.

You need to find out what chemo drug(s) will be administered and on what schedule via the IP process. Then you can look up the drug names within the colon cancer section of the Merck Manual or other resource to learn about drug efficacy (effectiveness). Link to Merck Manual below.

Best wishes.
weallere

Postby woodley90 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:45 pm

http://theoncologist.alphamedpress.org/cgi/content/full/1/1/22

This is not a chemo.

It is a method of chemo delivery to the tumor .
woodley90

Return to Colon Cancer