Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Information On Lung Cancer Needed?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby Brantson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:12 pm

I am currently writing a book and the main character is going to be a middle aged man who is diagnosed with lung cancer. I have done some research about it but different websites tell me different things so I need some solid fact information on:

symptoms of lung cancer

treatment involved

how they diagnose lung cancer eg what tests they do ect.

Anyone who has had a personal experience of this, or who has had a close friend/relative who has suffered from this I would really appreciate info from you as I want this story to be as realistic as possible. Thank you so much!! Very much appreciated!! :)
Brantson

Postby eoin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:18 pm

often in the event that they have lung maximum cancers they run exams like x-rays and MRIs to make sure if there's a develop in the lungs. They do a biopsy on the upward push. i don't know approximately nostril bleeds yet coughing up blood and phlegm is a symptom. If he has tumors in his mouth he has oral maximum cancers, which could be led to by employing smoking too. all of us can get maximum cancers, it relies upon how the physique is doing. Be supportive, you do not know if he does have it, yet you do not % to be that individual who regrets being a pal. If he's mendacity, properly then you definately can take care of that if that happens.
eoin

Postby Rockwell » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:30 pm

I study this, and my sister had a different sort of cancer but she recovered so I'm the person to ask.

Lung cancer can happen from smoking, high cholesterol, obesity, bad air quality and it could happen randomly. Things like smoking just increase the chance.

Knowing you have lung cancer is easy, as the symptoms are quit unique, things like strong cough with blood, difficulty breathing, and many more but those are the main ones.

Testing for it is hard too as it might not show in some tests, they're are a TON of tests doctors can do, from X-Ray scans, to MRI scans (big tube you go inside), or blood tests, you can really go on for ever, but those are also the main ones.

Treatment vary, depending how bad it is, how far it's spread and what type. The most common non-surgical treatment is radiotherapy.

I hope this helps, you can really google anything else you need.
Rockwell

Postby Alai » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:32 pm

What is tubular cancer and is it fatal
Alai

Return to Lung Cancer