Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Information on Cancer Markers?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby earie » Sat Jul 05, 1997 1:37 pm

My Mother was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer in November of Last year and the Doctor gave her a life expectancy of 1 year. The cancer was found in both lungs, both ribcage bones, right hip bone, liver, and right arm bone. She started chemotherapy and radiation almost immediately. Her chemotherapy sessions were once every 3 weeks. A few months after chemo her Cancer Markers read 14, she continued chemo until June and her doctor wanted to give her a break, in July my mom was having numbness on her right side of her body and I took her to the hospital where they took and MRI and found out the cancer had spread to her brain. She started intensive radiation and shortly started on chemo again. She had her marker read last month and it was 198, she just took one again last week and now its 330. Her doctor is going to give her a different chemo now, but I'm just wondering if this is a really high number and could it go back down to 14 like it once was?
earie

Postby lundy19 » Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:44 am

Please read link given below-----
SIGNIFICANCE OF TUMOR MARKERS IN LUNG CANCER
Adobe PDF
Tumor Markers in lung cancer stage wise. Table 1 gives the serum levels of TPS, CYFRA 21-1, ... Tumor Markers in Lung cancer classified on the. basis of their ...
www.ijcb.co.in/iaft06i1p173.pdf
lundy19

Postby garmund33 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:10 am

My Mother was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer in November of Last year and the Doctor gave her a life expectancy of 1 year. The cancer was found in both lungs, both ribcage bones, right hip bone, liver, and right arm bone. She started chemotherapy and radiation almost immediately. Her chemotherapy sessions were once every 3 weeks. A few months after chemo her Cancer Markers read 14, she continued chemo until June and her doctor wanted to give her a break, in July my mom was having numbness on her right side of her body and I took her to the hospital where they took and MRI and found out the cancer had spread to her brain. She started intensive radiation and shortly started on chemo again. She had her marker read last month and it was 198, she just took one again last week and now its 330. Her doctor is going to give her a different chemo now, but I'm just wondering if this is a really high number and could it go back down to 14 like it once was?
garmund33

Return to Lung Cancer