Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Immediate college help!?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Immediate college help!?

Postby archard » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 pm

By the end of the first semester in my senior year in high school i will have a 3.6 GPA. I have taken several honorsand one AP class(this year). I have some extra curriculums - taking law classes at NYU, participating in mock trial(this is also law based). I will be graduating from my schools law academy. Ive passed all the regents. My average for junior year was a 94 and a 92. But in the first semester for senior year so far it should come out to a 96 or 97. Problem is the SAT's. I haven't actually studies for them so i got a very low score on them. Im higher than average in math for hunter however my reading is about 30 points lower than hunters average SAT for reading. Will i be accepted? Will i get any scholarships?
archard

Immediate college help!?

Postby sakima » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Without a decent SAT, your chances for a Scholarship are very slim.
sakima

Immediate college help!?

Postby taveon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm

extra curriculars dont mean **** in other words they are second tier... test scores and classes are most important... its not the end of the world to do subpar, but academic scholarships become more unlikely. There are other scholarship possibilities.. for instance, your name insinuates you may be foreign or of foreign decent which will help you get a scholarship because schools love diversity.. the main thing though is to apply for as many scholarships and grants as you can before school starts.

GET ON THAT ****
taveon

Immediate college help!?

Postby yuuto » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Most scholarships require high SAT scores. Try taking the ACT a few times, it works differently for differently wired minds. I never could do well on the SAT, but I did much better on the ACT and never had to study for it. I'd suggest doing some studying and taking the ACT as many times as you can. Most colleges will take ACT scores and take the highest scores of each catagory of each time you took the ACT and make a new score that will count instead. That's what helped me get my scholarships. Keep working hard! Take the ACT as many times as possible! As for Hunter, you should get in contact with your local college advisor and discuss the options for college. I'd do some series research.
yuuto

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials