Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Im A Newly Wed And Have Been Trying To Conceive, And My Husband Just Told Me He Had Hpv 2 Years Ago?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Im A Newly Wed And Have Been Trying To Conceive, And My Husband Just Told Me He Had Hpv 2 Years Ago?

Postby Perye » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:17 am

Hello,

As you can see by the question, I am newly married and my husband and I have been trying to have a baby. I ran into an ex girlfriend of his who says she has cervical cancer, and she got it from a certain precancerous type of HPV that she got from him. He admitted this, so I know it is the truth.

You can imagine how upset I am. This is something that I feel you should tell a person before you enter a relationship of any kind whether it be just sexual, dating casually and especially marriage.
I know that a lot of people get HPV, but I would not have entered the relationship knowing that he had something that could possibly mess up my fertility, let alone something that could give me cancer.

My husband is the only man that I have slept with, so I know I never had anything before meeting him. I have read a few things about HPV since I have learned this, but I am still confused and afraid.
There is no cure for HPV, and it is said to go away on its own or lay dormant in someone.

I obviously need to go to the doctor and ask him and get tested, but for now I am just looking for some answers, even if I dont like them.

What are the chances I may have contracted this precancerous HPV from him, even if it was 2 years ago that he had it?
Perye

Postby Warwyk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:21 am

I am so sorry that you learned of the virus the way you did.
Yes, it is a good idea for people to talk about their past HPV infections...the talk is more for the person to obtain good information before they find out about the virus as you did.
HPV should never come between two people that love each other.

There is no cure for the virus treatments are to remove the abnormal cell changes of the cervix the virus can cause or the visible external genital warts.
Most you women do build immunity to their acquired HPV infection.
Over 50% of the population does carry an HPV type or two...HPV may be very difficult to avoid.

An HPV infection does not mess up your fertility. Most cervical cancers can be prevented with routine Pap tests.

A Pap test looks for abnormal cell changes of the cervix...when abnormal cell changes are seen a second part of the Pap immediately follows confirming that you have one of the high risk HPV types.
Having a high risk HPV type does not put you at a high risk for cervical cancer.
It may take many years for abnormal cell changes of the cervix to develop.

It is possible that you acquired his HPV type...but you may never develop pre-cancer cell changes.
So far no researchercan guarantee us that we will never share our HPV infection .
Immunity is acquired in most HPV infection in a year or two?in a few the virus might re-active years after we acquired our infection.
It is not know why in some women the virus may progress?.there is no reason to think because the infection progressed with this ex that it will progress for you.
Routine Pap test will allow your doctor to see cell changes before the progress...these cell changes can be monitored and treated when needed.
Most HPV infections of the cervix do not require treatment.

I do hope that you and your husband can progress through this little bump in the road of life.

The majority of HPV infections are self-limited and spontaneously clear within a several-year period as a result of cell-mediated immunity. In one study, two-thirds of adolescents infected with low-risk HPV types spontaneously cleared their infections by 12 months, as did over half of those infected with high-risk HPV types (FIGURE 1).5 By 23 months, more than 80% had cleared their HPV infections. In another follow-up study of adolescents and young women with LSIL, 91% of HPV-infected individuals cleared their infections after 36 months of follow-up. http://www.jfponline.com/Pages.asp?AID=7...

Most HPV lesions eventually resolve due to a host immune response to the virus. This is particularly true for genital warts and CIN1 because neither are truly precancer. Even approximately 40-50% of CIN2 will resolve spontaneously. CIN3 is considered a true cancer precursor, although some CIN3 may also resolve secondary to an immune mediated regression.

Many estimates have placed the lifetime likelihood of getting genital HPV to be in the range of 75-90%.

Most people who get HPV never know they have it, as they do not develop genital warts, an abnormal Pap test, or other manifestations of HPV that they can identify.

Approximately 2-5% of women have a Pap test with cell changes due to HPV at any one screening. http://www.asccp.org/PracticeManagement/...

LSIL?low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. Low-grade means that there are early changes in the size and shape of cells. Intraepithelial refers to the layer of cells that forms the surface of the cervix. LSILs are considered mild abnormalities caused by HPV infection. LSILs are sometimes referred to as mild dysplasia (dysplasia means abnormal cells that are not cancer but have the potential to become cancer). They may also be referred to as cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN-1). (Neoplasia means an abnormal growth of cells, and the number describes how much of the thickness of the lining of the cervix contains abnormal cells?only the top layer, in this case.) http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/facts...

A Pap test can save your life. It can find the earliest signs of cervical cancer. If caught early, the chance of curing cervical cancer is very high. Pap tests also can find infections and abnormal cervical cells that can turn into cancer cells. Treatment can prevent most cases of cervical cancer from developing.

Getting regular Pap tests is the best thing you can do to prevent cervical cancer. In fact, regular Pap tests have led to a major decline in the number of cervical cancer cases and deaths.

http://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/pap-test.cfm

What does HPV do to your chances of conceiving?

Dr. Amos: HPV, or human papillomavirus, usually does not influence fertility.

www.medicinenet.com
Warwyk

Postby Stephon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:22 am

appears like hubby is taking photos blanks. it rather is beneficial to work out a duplicate expert or the two one among you bypass to an OB/GYN jointly to get a anticipate his swimmers. If the count extensive variety is low the percentages are way much less which you will get pregnant.
Stephon

Postby Lairgnen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:41 am

big ,you may have it ,i am sorry for that ,but don't worry cause i am not sure ,u'd better see your doctor and get tested as soon ! may u come to these related sites like "herpesanddating.net" or

"DatingHerpesSingles.com" for help, many people have hpv there they experienced more and know more ideas ,hoe this helps ! take it easy !good luck!
Lairgnen

Return to Cervical Cancer