Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Im 13 And Want To Dye My Hair?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Custenhin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:46 am

Know the FACTS about hair dyes, damaged hair is just ONE of the risks, even using lemon juice & the sun.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists.
In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < <
Custenhin

Postby Edwaldo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:48 am

Damaging it is a possibility, but in my opinion you're too young to do dye it.
Edwaldo

Postby Quenton » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:52 am

try to put lemon on your hair and then go out on the sun and it should get lighter

:)
Quenton

Postby Kennard » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 am

to be honest dying your hair obviously damages it however, if you are going only a few shades lighter and not looking at going red blonde or some other extreme change I don't see why not, and it shouldn't damage your hair as much as an extreme colour change. There is always risk but your are keeping in the boundaries of 6 shades either way.

One thing I would say is that at 13 you may be slightly too young but at the end of the day its your parents decision. If your mum does say no to dying your hair maybe you could ask for a compromise and ask for streaks of lighter brown or highlights as that will give the look of a lighter colour all over but in actual fact you wil have only have dyed a few strands.

Hope this helps!
Kennard

Postby carvel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:03 am

Im 13 and i died my hair a few months ago. I died it from darkish brown to a dark plum. It hasnt been damaged and in my opinion, unless you dye it over and over again, there shouldnt be any damage caused. If you get a good hair dye and keep your hair clean and healthy it should be fine :)
carvel

Return to Leukemia Forum