Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

If thyroid cancer has spread to the lungs or anywhere in the body what would a ct scan report say?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

If thyroid cancer has spread to the lungs or anywhere in the body what would a ct scan report say?

Postby haraford » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 am

My dad has thyroid cancer. And he had a ct scan done last week. We are going to pick up the report to see what it says. And i just wanted to know what exactly would the report say if his cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
haraford

Postby bartleah » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 am

It would say something like "The cancer/Tumor has METASTASIZED to (whatever organ)."
OR
"There is evidence of METASTASIS to (whatever organ)"
So, look out for the word METASTASIS.
BTW i hope everything is fine and that the cancer hasn't spread.
bartleah

Postby wakeley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 am

When it comes to issues of determining cancer it is always best to seek the advice of a competent physician /oncologist to get an accurate determination. These scan reports are often fairly straight forward and with the help of Wikipedia and Google most people can figure out what they are talking about.

EDIT: If your dad is not getting the information he needs or is unable to establish good communication with his doctor then maybe he should find a new one. Communication and trust in your doctor is what getting good care is all about. I had a lung scope yesterday, my doctor called me after I was home and explained everything to me and checked on me. Most good doctors will take the time to connect with their patients and answer their concerns. Your dad should not be left in the dark.
wakeley

Postby caine » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 am

Cancer spreads through blood and lymph. Metastasis- a bunch of tumors--secondaries may spread to near by organs and or skeletal system, abdomen, or anywhere in the human body.etc.

No side effects and no risk. If it clicks, mostly possible, U shall have a cure. Lest, the therapy keeps mum. No extra risk. U may try ---------
TARGET THERAPY*--Acupressure techniques & Indian Natural Remedies--for any incurable disease including cancer of any organ[s], post-surgical recurrence of tumors, Leukemia, HIV/AIDS, Thalassemia, Muscular Dystrophy, Autism, Tinnitus, all brain & spinal cord disorders, CLL, etc.,

PS. If satisfied/benefited with, inform others to browse 'Yahoo Answers’ on any health issue.
caine

Postby yuuto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am

The report will state everything the doctor saw.

EDIT: I am referring to the radiologist who reads the scan and dictates the report.
yuuto

Return to Thyroid Cancer