Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

If I keep my cell phone in my front pocket will I get prostrate cancer?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

Postby tristan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:01 pm

now that it's been proven to cause cancer
tristan

Postby avonmore » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:03 pm

instruments that emit EMF or radiation cause cancer.
avonmore

Postby riccardo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 pm

There is a causal relationship. It hasn't been 100% proven that cell phones are the culprit.

And certainly, what accounts for all the prostate cancer historically, before that dark day when cellphones flooded the market.

*Edit 1*
@ Joe Blogs-no, dude, I meant "causal" relationship, not "casual." The causality is akin to not cutting back on cholesterol and ultimately dying of coronary blockage. The cholesterol was not THE ONLY FACTOR in the lethal cardio event: veins were blocked, the brain reduced in its 02 delivery, aging, medication, misdiagnosis, genes..... all too, play a CAUSAL role, but are not 100% responsible for the end product.

Listen, when we were kids, we knew not to mess with a doctors X-ray machine, because even in the 1950s, common sense told people that X-rays were a mixed blessing at best. At one point, and I'm not making this up, shoe stores used to X-ray a customer's foot (at least here in the US) with the new shoe on to see if it fit. I noticed they don't do that anymore.

Surely having a cellphone connected to your ear at every possibility isn't any more healthy than indiscriminate x-rays.
riccardo

Postby rodge » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:11 pm

For years it was believed that cell phones cause cancer and for the past two years proof has grown. Apparently the only cancer from it is brain cancer. Regarding carrying cell phone on pockets or even on the hip on a belt it has been said often that it causes infertility in men.

I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing many changes concerning cell phone use!
rodge

Postby walton » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:19 pm

For years it was believed that cell phones cause cancer and for the past two years proof has grown. Apparently the only cancer from it is brain cancer. Regarding carrying cell phone on pockets or even on the hip on a belt it has been said often that it causes infertility in men.

I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing many changes concerning cell phone use!
The CNN-paid doctor Dr. Gupta said he kept his away from his front pocket since it could affect the prostrate, testicles, and bone marrow.

But we don't really know. There isn't even enough "control" subjects out there that will live without cell phones. We won't know for another 5 years probably.

There is a difference between short-term, mid-term, and long-term effects.
walton

Postby tyrone » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:22 pm

No such thing has yet been proven.

It is possible that constant use of cell phones over many years *might* cause a glioma...a fatal form of brain cancer. More studies need to be done.

Unless you use your scrotum to answer your phone, your naughty bits are safe.
tyrone

Postby addis94 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Where do cell phones cause cancer?

Seriously, it's unlikely that it will cause prostate cancer. BUT, you may find out your girlfriend is pregnant with glowing children. :)
addis94

Postby rhys33 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Nah! Brain damage.
rhys33

Postby helmutt » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Just turn it off.
helmutt

Postby helmutt » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:07 pm

no
helmutt

Next

Return to Prostate Cancer