Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Work Out,and My Back Hurts Around The Kidney Spot,how Can I Tell If It's Muscle Stain Or Kidney Cancer?

Kidney Cancer Discussions

I Work Out,and My Back Hurts Around The Kidney Spot,how Can I Tell If It's Muscle Stain Or Kidney Cancer?

Postby jagger96 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:53 am

i had a cats scan and discovered beign dark regions on kidneys,i just do not trust physicians,but right after workouts it appears a tiny much better,than gets worse nights later,now they located out I've microscobic blood in my urine,that thay observed for a lengthy time,is it me,or is medical doctors screwed up,i am in a stress.thanks linda
jagger96

I Work Out,and My Back Hurts Around The Kidney Area,how Can I Tell If It's Muscle Stain Or Kidney Cancer?

Postby Garwin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Have you had a back X-ray or MRI? Have you ever been told that you have degenerative disc disease? I've had to live with lower back pain for most of my life due to degenerated disc's and I had a ruptured disc in 97 and a couple back injuries to cause mine. There are a lot of things that can cause lower back pain. But if you've never had a back injury, strained your back, or any arthritis your self or in your family, then its possible its that its being caused by some other medical problem. Like BosM said, some back pain can simply be caused by bad shoes and can be fixed with proper insoles. I would suggest ruling out the simple causes first before thinking its the more unusual like kidney cancer. If you can eliminate the simple causes like a old injury flaring up, disc's degenerating from one thing or another, possible arthritis, and you don't have to be all that old for this to start bothering you. If you can eliminate those as the cause then you could have another source for your problem. Is there any history of cancer in your family? Have you had any other problem that was caused by cancer? If you have, then its more possible. In that case I'd suggest seeing another doctor and getting a second opinion or even a third before I'd get too upset about it. Like most problems, I've found looking for the more simple causes first and eliminate them before thinking about the more uncommon cause, will get to the answer quicker. If it turns out to be cancer, the best of luck to you. I had thyroid cancer 6 years ago and was told that if I was very lucky I might have as much as a year to live. The mortality rate for the kind of cancer I had is 97% in the first year. A year ago they told me that I might have lung cancer. I was a heavy smoker for 35 years and quit 4 yrs ago so it was possible. After several tests including taking 3 pieces of lung tissue for biopsies, they didn't find any cancer. Just some odd dark spots on my chest X-ray. So you never know. Let me know how it turns out and the best of luck to you.   ColoradoHermit 27 months ago
Garwin

I Work Out,and My Back Hurts Around The Kidney Area,how Can I Tell If It's Muscle Stain Or Kidney Cancer?

Postby Chappy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:08 am

There are so many things that can cause lower back pain. I was also experiencing it when working out and then bought Dr. Scholl Gel inserts for my workout shoes and Dr. Shcoll inserts for lower back pain for my shoes and voila, my back is much better!If the average person knew the difference between muscle strain and kidney cancer we would not need doctors. Unfortunately even the internet can't bridge that gap. If you don't like your doctor, find one that you do like. Given your medical history acting quickly to address this concern is in your best interest. Good luck.   BosM 27 months ago
Chappy

Postby Ailen » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm

I needed to have an MRI to determine I had lumbar arthritis. You'll need that, too. But don't panic; however you feel about doctors, they are still the experts in both diagnosing and treating whatever it is you have. Your job is pestering them to keep at it until they do get it right. Meanwhile, .   danielpauldavis 27 months ago http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Versus-Volcano-Tom-Hanks/dp/B00005Y71F>.
Ailen

Return to Kidney Cancer