Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: How Scientists Used Shrimp to Help Detect Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I often have an upset stomach?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby treffen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 am

19 female
I am an easily stressed, nervous person who suffers from emetophobia (fear of nausea and vomiting)
Often I have a problem with nausea and a funny tummy feeling. My stomach is never painful it just feels like I need to have a bad bum (not diarrhoea) just an upset stomach with mushy poop.
I do exercise I am on a dance course. My diet is not bad and has not changed.

My stomach is easily upset by things e.g. doughnuts. especially on my period my stomach gets worse than usual for mushy poo, bad gas, just that general ew feeling in my gut and nausea. I never throw up but sometimes I feel I need to.
I poop normally every 2-5 days depending it changes every few weeks, I never have been a frequent pooper. Sometimes I also feel like I'm so paranoid I'm making myself feel sick or bad stomach because I feel I should be having one.

Can someone please help me? even for no reason especially if I eat before late afternoon my stomach gets grim and I feel yuck. It's ruining my life and happens almost every day. Could this be IBS?
I mentioned it to my doctor and she couldn't find a reason other than my periods as to why this would happen. Help?
treffen

Postby legget45 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 am

19 female
I am an easily stressed, nervous person who suffers from emetophobia (fear of nausea and vomiting)
Often I have a problem with nausea and a funny tummy feeling. My stomach is never painful it just feels like I need to have a bad bum (not diarrhoea) just an upset stomach with mushy poop.
I do exercise I am on a dance course. My diet is not bad and has not changed.

My stomach is easily upset by things e.g. doughnuts. especially on my period my stomach gets worse than usual for mushy poo, bad gas, just that general ew feeling in my gut and nausea. I never throw up but sometimes I feel I need to.
I poop normally every 2-5 days depending it changes every few weeks, I never have been a frequent pooper. Sometimes I also feel like I'm so paranoid I'm making myself feel sick or bad stomach because I feel I should be having one.

Can someone please help me? even for no reason especially if I eat before late afternoon my stomach gets grim and I feel yuck. It's ruining my life and happens almost every day. Could this be IBS?
I mentioned it to my doctor and she couldn't find a reason other than my periods as to why this would happen. Help?
As you only have a BM every 2-5 days that is probably your problem and that has probably triggered off some or all of your other problems as well.

For constipation, mineral oil has been a home remedy for years as in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkmFzyndQE0QAQcYL5gt.?p=%22mineral%20oil%20for%20constipation%22&fr2=sb-top&fr=ush-ans&rd=r1

For constipation, suppositories, laxatives and enemas are all totally unnecessary if you eat the right foods.

All fruit and vegetables in very large amounts are laxative.

You need to permanently change your diet or you are likely to get colon cancer.

Constipation can make you extremely unwell and can lead to colon cancer as it causes a build up of carcinogenic toxins in the system.

The intake of foods such as milk, cheese, white rice, white flour and red meat should be restricted, because they tend to contribute to constipation.

Any food that has had the fiber stripped out, the nutrients processed out or slows down the digestion is a constipation culprit. Here's a list of foods shown to cause constipation problems:

•Meats, especially fatty meats, red meat and processed meats,

•Dairy Products, such as cheese, ice cream and whole milk,

•Fast Foods – burgers, French fries and other fried foods, pizza, etc.,

•Refined grains, like white rice or any refined white flour products,

•Highly starchy foods – white potatoes, corn and all refined grains,

•Pastries and other high sugar products, such as cakes, cookies and pies,

•Deep-fried foods, chips and other foods that are high in bad fats.

You can see lots more in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22natural+ways+to+relieve+constipation%22&fr=ush-ans which tells you "Natural Ways to Relieve Constipation" and the right foods to eat.
legget45

Postby yates11 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:33 am

It could be anxiety or a panic disorder. I have severe emetophobia just like you. I had this same problem two years ago. Check with your physician and run some tests to rule out certain gastrointestinal ailments, (perhaps H. pylori?). I know it's tough because my anxiety gives me a stomachache and nausea, which then trigger the emetophobia and make the anxiety worse. However, finding the anxiety problem and getting help has worked wonders ever since!

Feel better soon! Best wishes!
yates11

Postby mariel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:39 am

Sounds like a classic case of an OVERACID tummy. Quick, chew a
couple of Tums antiacid tablets. If not at hand use the 1920s trick of
putting a pinch of Soda (bicarb) on your tongue and washing it down
with a swallow of water. The soda neutralizes the acid and the water
dilutes it. I like the Walmart's tablets, peppermint, 150 for $2.
I chew a 'tums' each night after brushing my teeth. It does double duty.
It helps with bad mouth acids/cavities and keeps my tummy from
growling in the night.
Pepto Bismol is an old remedy. Not much used these days.
mariel

Return to Stomach Cancer