Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Might Have Leukemia Please Help?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Malory » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 am

So I'm 17 and I was admitted into the hospital for two days cause sever back pain and fever I couldn't stand the light, and my white blood cell couple was double what it should be... They did a spinal tap and a MRI and a lot of blood test but every thing came back negative. It's been three weeks now and I've been taking pain pills to get rid of the pain that has also spread up my back and my fever spikes out of nowhere and it feel like I have hot flashes at the same time. I also get dizzy at times and my face will just turn completely pale. Could this be leukemia?

There going to test me for it soon but I was wondering could there be a chance since I'm having all these symptoms
Malory

Postby Avshalom » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:39 am

If they really thought you had a chance of having leukemia, they wouldn't be waiting to test you.
I assume that you've had quite a bit of blood work during this time- the blood work would alert them to a likelihood of leukemia.
When teenagers are thought to have leukemia, it's not a wait and test soon kind of thing- it's a test now situation.
Avshalom

Postby jannes31 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:41 am

The symptoms look more like a kidney infection or secondary encephalitis than leukemia, Did they test your urine? The spinal tap should have detected encephalitis if you have it, but maybe it could be normal between flareups in the symptoms?

Anyhow, leukemia is a possibility, but this would be a pretty strange presentation of leukemia.
Leukemia seems less likely than some other cause.
This pretty puzzling. Your symptoms could be caused by a variety of things but they don't closely fit anything in particular.
jannes31

Postby Manuel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:44 am

properly, those are probably the main obtrusive indicators of leukemia, those you would be maximum possibly to instruct in case you had the illness, whether it may additionally be signs and indicators of issues like anemia or mono, those and leukemia desire a blood attempt (and possible bone marrow aspiration) to diagnose, so quite pass to the commonplace practitioner and get the blood artwork performed, in case you do have leukemia you need to start therapy appropriate away (fairly no rely if that's an acute style like various or AML) with any luck you would be effective although, and this might all in simple terms be percaution. reliable success
Manuel

Return to Leukemia Forum