Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I'm pooping out blood, what's wrong with me?!?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby beornham » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:32 am

I woke up and my stomach really hurt. I went #2 and I thought I just had dierhea or something. I didn't even feel pain just some stomach pain. I whipped and it was bloody... And I finished my period like 2 weeks ago. What's wrong with me? I'm a 13 yr old girl help
beornham

Postby alberic44 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:33 am

Tell your parents and visit a doctor.

There can be many reasons for this and the doctor will ask for a complete history to get more information. For example, if you have fever, the colour the blood looked like, etc.

Dont be scared, but it is important to visit a doctor for check-up.

Edit : Although Andrew's answer is accurate, some of those diseases are not very likely since you are only 13 yrs old. Colon cancer, ulcerative colitis, etc occur is older people (like >35 years) so dont worry.
alberic44

Postby darnall52 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:42 am

When there is blood in stool, the color depends on where it is in the digestive tract. Blood from the upper part of the digestive tract, such as the stomach, will look dark by the time it reaches exits the body as a bowel movement. Blood that is bright or dark red, on the other hand, is more likely to come from the large intestine or rectum.

Conditions that can cause blood in the stool include hemorrhoids, anal fissures, diverticulitis, colon cancer, and ulcerative colitis, among others.

Eating beets can also temporarily turn stools and urine red.

Blood in stool doesn't always appear bright red. Blood may be also present in stool but not visible, called "occult" blood. A test called the Fecal Occult Blood Test is used to detect hidden blood in stool.
darnall52

Postby parfait » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 am

When there is blood in stool, the color depends on where it is in the digestive tract. Blood from the upper part of the digestive tract, such as the stomach, will look dark by the time it reaches exits the body as a bowel movement. Blood that is bright or dark red, on the other hand, is more likely to come from the large intestine or rectum.

Conditions that can cause blood in the stool include hemorrhoids, anal fissures, diverticulitis, colon cancer, and ulcerative colitis, among others.

Eating beets can also temporarily turn stools and urine red.

Blood in stool doesn't always appear bright red. Blood may be also present in stool but not visible, called "occult" blood. A test called the Fecal Occult Blood Test is used to detect hidden blood in stool.
More fiber. I used to be fiber different and this would happen to me, but I wasn't constipated. So my doctor said thats it's weird that I'm not constipated, but I need more fiber. It worked, there are pleantt of natural, high fiber foods out there. Also, drinks lots of water.
parfait

Postby bedyw » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:52 am

All depends on the colour of the blood as to what is wrong, but don't muck around, tell your parents and get to a doctor.
bedyw

Postby aviah » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:05 am

not to worry, if the blood was bright red, it most likely is nothing more than a hemmoroid,or anal fissures
aviah

Postby camdene » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:10 am

either your period came or you ate something red like beets cherries strawberries watermelon etc
camdene

Return to Colon Cancer