Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I'm peeling under my breasts and on my stomach (Also..rash?)?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby dubhgan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 am

It's winter right now, and my skin has been peeling for a while (so it can't be hot weather). I'm 12 and I've been peeling under my breasts, on my stomach, and by my private area (like the front of my hip). It doesn't itch,though.

Also, recently, I got this...."rash-like" area under my arm (arm pit). It doesn't itch, and I USED to have something similar on my neck. What's wrong with me?? Do I have skin cancer or something? I'm really worried! Thanks!
dubhgan

Postby gwyr » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:23 am

Allergic reaction to some body product you are using. See a dermatologist.
gwyr

Postby fritzchen57 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 am

You could have a rare slkin infection, do some research and tell your mom
fritzchen57

Postby atzel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 am

I don't think it's skin cancer, don't worry, honey!
Have you been using a different body lotion or cream on these particular areas of your body lately? If so, try staying off it for a short while and if it stops, then you are very likely to be allergic to this particular body cream.

If it doesn't go away, then you are allergic to something else, so get that checked out.

Also, if you've been having the central heating on seeing as it's so cold at the moment, it might be making you skin dry and flaky.

Best of luck!
I really hope it clears up soon!

Jaya.
atzel

Postby ceannfhionn6 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:43 am

It could be an allergy. If the rash is within an easily seen border (instead of a bunch of dots for instance) it is probably a fungal or yeast infection. If so you can get a cream, ointment or spray for it. Use it for at least 2 weeks before you decide it is not working, and at least 2 more weeks after the rash is gone. You can also use 1/2 cup or so of baking soda or vinegar to change the skins pH and make it less pleasant for the yeast.
ceannfhionn6

Return to Breast Cancer