Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I'm bored and I need some good tv shows to watch. What are some good drama or action tv shows?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

I'm bored and I need some good tv shows to watch. What are some good drama or action tv shows?

Postby lamonte4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:52 pm

The drama shows don't have to have actions in them or vice vera. Some example of drama shows without action to me, are like 90210, melrose place, ect.
Also, I may be open to other types of shows, given an explanation of why the show is good. The only type of show i will not consider at is, is a tv show that is completely comedy.
Any good shows?
lamonte4

Postby oscar91 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Ok well some shows similar to 90210:

- Dawsons Creek: Four friends in a small coastal town help each other cope with adolescence.

- The O.C: A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

- One Tree hill (Never watched it personally, but it's apparently very similar to the others i have listed):
This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

Ok now some TV shows that aren't too similar to 90210 but involve drama and action:

- Breaking Bad ( Possibly the best show on television currently, or ever..)
Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school teacher uses his expertise to secretly provide for his family by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth.

- The Walking Dead ( Another fantastic show and one of the top ones out)
Rick Grimes is a former Sheriff's deputy who has been in a coma for several months after being shot whilst on duty. When he wakes, he discovers that the world has been taken over by Zombies, and that he seems to be the only person still alive, Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.

- Game of Thrones
Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.

- Dexter ( Amazing show )
A likeable Miami police forensics expert moonlights as a serial killer of criminals who he believes have escaped justice.

- Nip/Tuck
Sean McNamara and Christian Troy are two plastic surgeons running a partnership in Miami, Florida with different issues to life. Sean is a wishy-washy, weak-kneed, family man who distances himself with work to avoid his dysfunctional home life which includes his needy and spiteful wife Julia, his rebellious teenage son Matt and young daughter Annie. The more slick Christian is an arrogant, narcissistic, unethical, ladies man who worships wine, women, and the all mighty dollar, and will do just about anything to get what he wants (lie, cheat, steal, blackmail and seduce)and has no qualms about practically anything.

These shows draw more to the drama side of things, with the exception of The Walking Dead and maybe Game of Thrones, lots of action.
oscar91

Postby kinnell36 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Washington heights, it comes out only in mtv.
kinnell36

Return to General Cancer Discussion