Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I'm a Vegan with possibly a stomach ulcer, any food advice and tips please?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby gunn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:35 am

I've been having a burning stomach pain for a while now. I think it may be an ulcer or gerd I don't know but I'm getting that taken care of. Anyway in the mean time can someone give me some good vegan food options for me that won't upset my stomach. Right now I only eat cheerios, rice, bread, and banana's. Also I drink only water. Any advice or suggestions please? thanks:)
gunn

Postby baeddan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:38 am

Any cooked cereal should be fine, like Cream of Wheat, oatmeal, cream of rice.
Stay away from high fiber foods for right now, also stay away from spicy foods, tomato based foods, and fatty foods.
baked potato of any kind is good, so is squash, pasta of all kinds with bland sauces should be okay.
cooked fruit digests easier than raw fruits. Ditto the veggies. cooked carrots, peas, green beans, all are pretty bland and lower in fiber than the raw versions.
Don't eat large amounts; many small meals through out the day are better. dont get too full or too empty either.
You can take Maloox for it. That helps a lot and is often prescribed by the doctor and should be vegan. Just follow the directions on the label. It is available in most any drug store.
Drinking chamomile tea with your meals is soothing to a sour stomach and it is also a natural digestive aid.
Avoid any caffeine right now.
baeddan

Postby all » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:45 am

Hi

I have an ulcer and its hard too find foods that don't aggravate it :-)
Most days I have foods like baked potato,cereal,porridge,bananas,soya yogurts,soya milk,chickpea burgers (I make these myself),green tea,aloe vera seems to help :-)

Try to stick to alkaline foods as they don't upset ulcers as much :-)

Stay away from spice foods such as chillies and curries as they aggravate it more :-)

Have a wonderful day :-)
Hope you keep well :-)
all

Postby hekli » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:48 am

Try some mashed potatoes, they are easier to digest than the foods you are eating. I know that water is good for you but why not an occasional glass of tea. Also if you run your food through the blender it will be much easier to digest. Jello mixed with your bananas will also soothe the burning stomach.

Stress and certain medications can cause your stomach to burn. I have to take potassium and if I take it on an empty stomach it causes horrible burning; aspirin does the same. I hope you get well quickly.
hekli

Return to Stomach Cancer