Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I it normal for the muscles on one side of your neck to be larger than the other side?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

I it normal for the muscles on one side of your neck to be larger than the other side?

Postby molloy69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm

I was looking in the mirror massaging my neck and I noticed that the muscles on the left side of my neck near my throat are bigger than my right side. I don't feel any lumps and there's no pain. Probably just irritated because I keep touching it. The muscles on my right side are flat and on the left side their bigger. At first I thought it was my thyroid so, I asked my mother who's a nurse to feel my throat. She said my thyroid is not swollen and it's just a muscle sticking out. Did I irritate my muscle somehow? I also have a bad habit of opening abd closing my jaw can this be a cause? I also have bad anxiety and it's been pretty bad lately due to stress. I noticed when a panic attack is coming along my neck tightens up. Why is my neck like this? Does anyone else have it like this? My mom just thinks that side is just more muscular and to quit worrying and my husband thinks I'm over reacting because its nothing. I always think the worse like neck cancer etc. Advice!
molloy69

Postby yuuto » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 pm

no.
yuuto

Return to Thyroid Cancer