Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I havent pooped in 5 days.?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby hunfrid » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:22 am

i havent taken a pooped in 5 days. so today i drank 5 bottles of water, had some watermelon and took 2 laxative pills and still nothing.
hunfrid

Postby courtlandt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:23 am

For constipation, medication is only a very temporary solution if it works.

Wheat germ and wheat bran are very high fiber foods that often help for constipation.

Constipation can cause anal fissures, hemorrhoids and also some far more serious problems as in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22rectal+bleeding%22&fr=ush-ans
You probably need to improve your diet as you seem to have a constipation problem.

For constipation, castor oil is very good for a one-off remedy as in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22castor+oil+for+constipation%22&fr=ush-ans but it is unsuitable for regular use.

For constipation, suppositories, laxatives, fiber supplements and enemas are all totally unnecessary if you eat the right foods.

All fruit and vegetables in very large amounts are laxative.

You need to permanently change your diet or you are likely to get colon cancer.

Constipation can make you extremely unwell and can lead to colon cancer as it causes a build up of carcinogenic toxins in the system.

The intake of foods such as milk, cheese, white rice, white flour and red meat should be restricted, because they tend to contribute to constipation.

Any food that has had the fiber stripped out, the nutrients processed out or slows down the digestion is a constipation culprit. Here's a list of foods shown to cause constipation problems:

•Meats, especially fatty meats, red meat and processed meats,

•Dairy Products, such as cheese, ice cream and whole milk,

•Fast Foods – burgers, French fries and other fried foods, pizza, etc.,

•Refined grains, like white rice or any refined white flour products,

•Highly starchy foods – white potatoes, corn and all refined grains,

•Pastries and other high sugar products, such as cakes, cookies and pies,

•Deep-fried foods, chips and other foods that are high in bad fats.

You can see lots more in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22natural+ways+to+relieve+constipation%22&fr=ush-ans which tells you "Natural Ways to Relieve Constipation" and the right foods to eat.
courtlandt

Postby merton » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 am

Grapes, Raisins, Prunes, Apples, and Apple juice are all great foods to eat to help.

Sometimes I have to take meds that constipate me and make me go that long or longer without going too. Unless I was really in pain or uncomfortable I wouldn't go to the doctor... but don't take my word for it! I'm no doctor. I have learned to keep up with my poops. Mark a P or X or a symbol or something on calender each day you go. If you go 2 or 3 days without having a poop, take a dose of Miralax. If no results in 12 hours, take another dose. In 12 more hours, take another. I've had to do that about 4 or 5 times in a row before I could go before. Miralax is a very gentle and safe laxative. It helps you to go w/o giving you the runs. Usually if I take a correctol I'm on the toilet though with total diarrhea. Just because 1 brand of laxative doesn't work for you doesn't mean another one won't., I know someone that ex lax has no effect on whatsoever.

Since you took 2 pills... I would wait at least 12 hours before I did anything else. If not longer... b/c when a laxative pill kicks in... BOY DOES IT WORK! And if you took more than you needed, after you were emptied, you would end up cramping. If that happens.... all you can do is heat pad and curl up in front of the TV to help distract you from discomfort/pain.

Aside from all that... you can call your primary doctor on call and ask him what to do. Not pooping can eventually cause some serious problems. It is possible for things to come back up your body determined to find an exit and you may find yourself throwing up poop. You could also end up in an emergency situation too eventually. So don't brush it off as nothing.... keep at it till you get results! If you do not have a primary doctor, you may be surprised to find that your health insurance company has a nurse available to you or that one of the ER's near you may have one that can tell you when you would need to worry about coming in for your specific situation.

Hope I helped you some.
merton

Postby abhibhava14 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 am

Grapes, Raisins, Prunes, Apples, and Apple juice are all great foods to eat to help.

Sometimes I have to take meds that constipate me and make me go that long or longer without going too. Unless I was really in pain or uncomfortable I wouldn't go to the doctor... but don't take my word for it! I'm no doctor. I have learned to keep up with my poops. Mark a P or X or a symbol or something on calender each day you go. If you go 2 or 3 days without having a poop, take a dose of Miralax. If no results in 12 hours, take another dose. In 12 more hours, take another. I've had to do that about 4 or 5 times in a row before I could go before. Miralax is a very gentle and safe laxative. It helps you to go w/o giving you the runs. Usually if I take a correctol I'm on the toilet though with total diarrhea. Just because 1 brand of laxative doesn't work for you doesn't mean another one won't., I know someone that ex lax has no effect on whatsoever.

Since you took 2 pills... I would wait at least 12 hours before I did anything else. If not longer... b/c when a laxative pill kicks in... BOY DOES IT WORK! And if you took more than you needed, after you were emptied, you would end up cramping. If that happens.... all you can do is heat pad and curl up in front of the TV to help distract you from discomfort/pain.

Aside from all that... you can call your primary doctor on call and ask him what to do. Not pooping can eventually cause some serious problems. It is possible for things to come back up your body determined to find an exit and you may find yourself throwing up poop. You could also end up in an emergency situation too eventually. So don't brush it off as nothing.... keep at it till you get results! If you do not have a primary doctor, you may be surprised to find that your health insurance company has a nurse available to you or that one of the ER's near you may have one that can tell you when you would need to worry about coming in for your specific situation.

Hope I helped you some.
Lots of fruits, vegetables, and water. Also try see the doctor.
abhibhava14

Postby shea » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 am

try eating salad and lots of vegetables
shea

Postby assan40 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:50 am

Pro-biotics and lots of melon,and water should do it.Maybe go on a fast
assan40

Postby maciver62 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:52 am

what are you on the computer for gooooooooooooooooo......to the doctor !
maciver62

Return to Colon Cancer