Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Experimental Cancer Patient Wants Others to Benefit

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I haven't smoked marijuana in 5 weeks, and am still testing positive. How much longer until I should be clean?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

I haven't smoked marijuana in 5 weeks, and am still testing positive. How much longer until I should be clean?

Postby halliwell » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Now before I get a barrage of "f***ing pothead!" and "you're an idiot, that will teach you", I realize that, yes, I was both of these. I haven't touched the stuff in 5 weeks and have disassociated myself from friends who still smoke marijuana. I also have deleted both of my weed dealers' numbers from my phone, as I am dead serious about stopping for good. I should also note that I have never been arrested. I have lived my life by the moral standards the Bible presents, to the best of my ability. I am a straight 'A' student at a major university and also volunteer for the United Way. I am not a bad person, I just made bad choices in the past.

The reason I ask my question is that I've been working the same dead end job for the past 2 and a half years and would like to start my career before I graduate next Spring(2013). I know every job, in the field of my chosen major, drug tests.

My physical measurements are 6' 0", 227 lbs.(a bit overweight but I carry it well, former bodybuilder).
halliwell

Postby gaara » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Now before I get a barrage of "f***ing pothead!" and "you're an idiot, that will teach you", I realize that, yes, I was both of these. I haven't touched the stuff in 5 weeks and have disassociated myself from friends who still smoke marijuana. I also have deleted both of my weed dealers' numbers from my phone, as I am dead serious about stopping for good. I should also note that I have never been arrested. I have lived my life by the moral standards the Bible presents, to the best of my ability. I am a straight 'A' student at a major university and also volunteer for the United Way. I am not a bad person, I just made bad choices in the past.

The reason I ask my question is that I've been working the same dead end job for the past 2 and a half years and would like to start my career before I graduate next Spring(2013). I know every job, in the field of my chosen major, drug tests.

My physical measurements are 6' 0", 227 lbs.(a bit overweight but I carry it well, former bodybuilder).
You should be clean in another few weeks, so you should be go to go by fall.

If you have only used 1 to 3 times in a month, then for 10 to 30 days you most likely will test positive, if you are a heavy user (3 times a week) then up to 60 days:

There is nothing that you can take that will speed up the bodies removal of THC, how long it takes for you to become clean depends on how much you have used and the potency and on the way your body stores excess THC. The type and sensitivity of the test will also determine if you test clean or not. Drinking a lot of water or other fluids does not remove THC from your body, but may dilute its concentration in urine.

"Driving after smoking even a small amount of marijuana almost doubles the risk of a fatal highway accident, according to an extensive study of 10,748 drivers involved in fatal crashes between 2001 and 2003”. - http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/pot_driving.htm

Marijuana smoke was listed as a cancer-causing agent in California June 19, 2009
http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/files/p65single072012.pdf

“Driving under the influence of cannabis was associated with a significantly increased risk of motor vehicle collisions” - http://www.bmj.com/content/344/bmj.e536

Even after adjusting the figures to take account of the other known risk factors, marijuana use remained a clear risk factor for testicular cancer. Just being a marijuana smoker seemed to carry a 70% extra risk, while those who smoked it regularly, or had smoked from an early age, had twice the risk compared to those who had never smoked it. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7869709.stm

Research now indicates that marijuana use increases the risk of depression, as well as schizophrenia. -http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/update0503c.shtml

Britain's most senior coroner is warning that hundreds of young people are dying in accidents caused by their prolonged use of cannabis….The dangers of cannabis were highlighted in research published last month, which showed a sharp increase in drug-related deaths. According to the European Centre for Addiction Studies at St George's Hospital Medical School in London, in 2002, British coroners cited cannabis as the major cause of death in 18 out of 853 drug-related deaths. The drug was also implicated in a further 31 out of 1,579 deaths involving a cocktail of drugs. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1445718/Cannabis-use-causes-hundreds-of-deaths-a-year-coroner-warns.html

""I have seen many cases of exacerbations of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder brought on by marijuana use," said psychiatrist Kenneth Certa, M.D., a member of the Section Council on Psychiatry. "Another problem I can see is that the marijuana in the community is often not very pure and is frequently adulterated with PCP [phencyclidine, an hallucinogen], which can also cause problems with psychosis." - http://psychnews.psychiatryonline.org/newsarticle.aspx?articleid=112336

Our results provide support that cannabis use plays an important role in the development of psychosis in vulnerable individuals. Cannabis use in early adolescence should be discouraged. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21883099
The risk to develop psychotic symptoms and also schizophrenic psychoses is thus explicitly elevated for young people who use cannabis. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19080993

“Chronic marijuana use has multiple adverse effects on the endocrine and reproductive systems. For example, chronic marijuana use is associated with reduced hypothalamic release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone, decreased plasma levels of gonadotropins (follicle-stimulating hormone, lutenizing hormone, and prolactin) and testosterone, reduced spermatogenesis, and impotency in men.” - http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cncr.24159/full
gaara

Postby gaara » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Marijuana usually stays in your system from 3-30 days (depending on your metabolism and so forth, such that the traces of THC are gone) but it can be as long as 45 days. Seeing as you have waited 5 weeks, I would give it a little less than 2 more weeks before you can safely call yourself clean.

Good luck, and congratulations on your new straightedge outlook!
gaara

Postby ely » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Each person is different. Go to your local smoke shop and ask for a detox product. It'll clean your system
ely

Postby korey37 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Each person is different. Go to your local smoke shop and ask for a detox product. It'll clean your system
It Takes 30-40 Days Till Your Urine Comes Out Clean But If You Were To Smoke 'K2' Then It Would Atuomatically Clean Your Sytem but you'd have to pretty f*ckin retarted To do that .
korey37

Postby woodley90 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm

If you want it out of your system faster, work on cardio and drink A LOT of water.
In the end it all depends on how much you had smoked for how long of a duration. Someone who's smoked recreationally for a few months should have it out within a month, but someone who smoked habitually for 5 or more years will obviously have a harder time cleansing his body from all the THC.
So, my advice would be to just exercise if you're having trouble. Good luck with future career man!
woodley90

Postby bernardino » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 pm

My experience in 2002 I was clean for 68 days an still was showing positive thank God the people that were testing me new I wasn't smoking.... back then I was heavy! my boyfriend got texted in 6 days of being clean came out compleatly negative ****! I was over 2 months an i was still dirty nooooo an I did som research it stores in our fat so do u think that's the case I smoke all day everyday true! Hope this help !
bernardino

Postby nikson48 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 pm

depends, where you a chronic smoker before the 5 weeks? I was a chronic smoker back then it took me 47 days. couple blunts a day. Now I smoke about once a week max has been 10 days. By spring you should be clean for sure. If you want to know exactly how much thc is in your system buy a first check test send it into the lab and you will get the exact ng/ml in your system. under 50ng/ passes an initial drug urine screen. If hair tested it can remain detectable up to 90 days. they can test up to 90 days because after that the hair test loses accuracy and therefore credibility. I recently got drug tested for a good job even though i was clean 35 days and passed 10 at home drug test at all times of day including morning im still triping. i know how u feel. dont worry you good.
nikson48

Postby beornham » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 pm

It's cause your a bit overweight is why it stayed in your system for so long. Usually it stays in your system for about a month. THC is stored in fat cells if your desperate you should go back to exercising.
You should take this

1. Chromium - helps burn fat cells

2. Probiotic supplements - helps to cleanse your system

If you are a heavy smoker, meaning you have been indulging every day for weeks, most likely you are not going to pass that drug test.
beornham

Postby drewe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 pm

The half life of THC concentration is about 10 days. There is way too much variation to even approximate how long THC will be detected in the urine of an individual. Infrequent users with a fast metabolism will have the shortest detection time. Frequent or chronic users with a slow metabolism will have the longest detection times. The only way to estimate a detection time is to consider the lower and upper bounds (3-50 days), and estimate based on the factors outlined here.

::

Usage at 1 time only : 5-8 days
Usage at 2-4 times per month : 11-18 days
Usage at 2-4 times per week : 23-35 days
Usage at 5-6 times per week : 33-48 days
Daily Usage : 49-63 days
drewe

Next

Return to General Cancer Discussion