Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I haven't had a period in 11 months and I'm not pregnant.?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby aquilino65 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:05 am

I've never really been normal when its came to periods, but I went on birth control last year around this time, and stopped taking it Bc I would always forget, and I haven't had a period since. I'm not pregnant, and I've been spotting bright red blood here and there and sometimes a brownish red, but usually thats after I have sex.

Cervical Cancer runs in my family, my great grandma, grandma, mom, and aunt all have had it and had to have hysterectomies. I have no pain or anything, but im beginning to get worried about this and the only reason I haven't seen a doctor sooner is Bc I have no insurance. Does anyone know of any answers? Pleaseee help! :)
aquilino65

Postby pablo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 am

something is wrong go get check out ....
pablo

Postby eoin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 am

-If you are not pregnant, other causes of missed or irregular periods include:
-Increased exercise. Missed periods are common in endurance athletes.
-Emotional stress.
-Medicines such as birth control methods, which may cause lighter, less frequent, more frequent, or skipped periods or no periods at all.
-Hormone problems. This may cause a change in the levels of the hormones that the body needs to support menstruation.
-Problems with the pelvic organs , such as imperforate hymen, polycystic ovary syndrome, or Asherman's syndrome.

You should really go see a doctor. If you don't have insurance, you can try going to a church sponsored clinic or something of the sort. Good luck hun!! :D
eoin

Postby eledon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 am

Cervical cancer is not an inherited cancer. Most all cervical cancers are due to HPV.

The lack of a period doesn't have anything to do with cervical cancer.

Planned Parenthood will do a pap and other clinics may also do one for you. Perhaps check with other free clinics in your area for more testing on what is causing your lack of period. A Pap test looks for abnormal cell changes of the cervix.

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/cervical/basic_info/screening.htm
eledon

Postby hurlbart41 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

Cervical cancer is not an inherited cancer. Most all cervical cancers are due to HPV.

The lack of a period doesn't have anything to do with cervical cancer.

Planned Parenthood will do a pap and other clinics may also do one for you. Perhaps check with other free clinics in your area for more testing on what is causing your lack of period. A Pap test looks for abnormal cell changes of the cervix.

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/cervical/basic_info/screening.htm
If you see a doctor and you don't have insurance, often they will give you a discount if you tell them that you don't have it. I would definitely go to the doctor if I were you.
hurlbart41

Postby atzel » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:41 am

You can go to Planned Parenthood. It's unlikely that it's cervical cancer. More likely, the pill messed up your period.
atzel

Return to Cervical Cancer