Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Have Weird Bruising On My Neck?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Igasho » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 pm

So about 2 months ago my family noticed i have weird bruising on my neck. I only dance no full contact sports and i had a 1 month break from dance. The weird thing is they are greenish color and move around throughout the months and go from worse to better. My mom is going to take me to a doctor soon. in may i found out i had mono and got a blood test. is there any reason for this bruising im 13 and read somewhere it can be a sign of leukemia so freaking out little. Thanks for all your help!
Igasho

Postby Achishar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

can be lots of causes,usually benign can be vitamin deficiency need blood tests to see.............exactly........
Achishar

Postby Julius » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm

if you're very sure it's a bruise, no matter how intense it is or how long it stays on your skin, it's gonna heal sometime, and it isn't gonna result in anything worse than its current state. That is if you're really sure it's a bruise and not something else. Anyway, as you said, you're still gonna go to the doctor, twenty or thirty-something years of medical expertice is surely gonna take care of that :)
Julius

Return to Leukemia Forum