Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I have tiny moving lumps under my skin?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby lir » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 am

A few months ago I found a tiny ball under my skin right under my knee, it feels like a tiny bb pellet, it moves around but it doesn't hurt. I asked my mom to feel it and she said it was just calcium deposits and that I should drink more water to flush it out. So I did and it never went away but I thought it would be fine according to my mom so I ignored it.
But now today I found another one on the right side of my lower back. This one is a little bit bigger and also moves around too. I'm starting to get worried that it's cancer and I wonder if I should ask my doctor or if it will be okay.
lir

Postby hulbart » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 am

Definitly go to your doctor. It could be worms or something.
hulbart

Postby fagin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:08 am

I would go to the Doctor! You could possibly have a Parasite or something.
fagin

Postby farand » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:19 am

I had a lump on my upper back for several years a while back. It was an actual lump that would move around under the skin when I pressed it. It wasn't a pimple that could be squeezed. It was relatively soft.

I rarely go to doctors but during a bout of bronchitis, I gave in and went to the doctor. I asked about the bump on my upper back. I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't cancerous. It was a type of fat growth if I recalll. He cut it out of me right there in his office. I had stitches and had to go back to later to them removed. He showed me what he cut out. It was a little fat pellet like an Omega 3 pill.

I don't know what your bumps might be but you really should get it checked out. You'll feel better.

All the best.
farand

Postby rye71 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:21 am

It's just a swollen linth note. It's like the cells in your body swelling to the point where you can feel it. It may go down in time or it may not. Think of it as the main soldier fighting against disease. Usually when they occur it's during a time of sickness. I have one on my jaw from a simple common cold. So don't worry about it. It's your body's way of keeping you healthy :) hope this helps.
rye71

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer