Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I have sharp pain when I touch my left temple?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby alberic44 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 pm

I had surgery to my left frontal lobe in 2001 to remove a small malignant brain tumor. I was having head pain and migraine headaches before the surgery and following the surgery. I did receive radiation treatment for 6 weeks to my brain and then two years of chemotherapy. I still experience migraine headaches and my triggers are MSG, fermented and the other typical food triggers for migraines. I take 20mg of Nortriptyline as a beta blocker but this medicine does not block migraines. I take typical migraine medications when I have a headache. But, regardless of having a migraine headache, I feel this very sharp pain when I touch my left temple, its there all the time. I will say its been there for 6 months. I did mention this problem in January to my neuro-oncologist following my 6 month brain MRI with and without contrast, but the doctor did not seem to be concerned. I am concerned because it is a new symptom. I am so trying not to have reoccurring migraines, I take B-2, Butterbur to prevent or lessen the severity of the migraines. I would like to understand why I developed this pain and extreme tenderness in my left temple, and even better, to stop the migraine headaches.
alberic44

Postby atzel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:50 pm

I've been to the doctor for recurring headaches and migraines and if you haven't already done these, they might help lessen your pain: exercise, keep better posture, don't eat chocolate and fermented cheeses, and keep a better sleep schedule.

Sorry if this doesn't help :)

Have you had any recent lifestyle changes?
atzel

Postby adalberto » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Here i s an excellent site with some wonderful options for you. It will definitely help you. Have a look. http://webmd70.notlong.com/AAtySWs
adalberto

Return to Brain Tumors