Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Have A Uncle Who Was Recently Diagnosed With Lung Cancer. How Long Do You Think He May Have To Live?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

I Have A Uncle Who Was Recently Diagnosed With Lung Cancer. How Long Do You Think He May Have To Live?

Postby Gherardo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Ok, well let me start. I have a uncle who gave up smoking about 10 years ago. He had colon cancer many many years ago, but he beat that. Well recently about 2-3 weeks ago. He got sick and was coughing a lot. He went to the doctor and was told it was an ammonia. But later the doctors determined that it was an cancer. One of his lungs is already bad. And the other one, they think that it already has a slight bit of cancer as well. He still has to have a biopsy done to determine in which stage the cancer might be in. He had a doctors appointment on Sunday and was told that his condition is stable, but he was told to use an oxygen machine 3 hours before he sleeps so that he may sleep better at night and not cough so much. He also is on medication, to help him deal with the pain. I know that only a doctor may truely determine how much time he may have to live or can properly diagnose how extensive the cancer may be. But my question to you all, was that if you guys have any stories of any related cancer stories, I would really love to hear them, or any suggestions on what the best measure of help, that we, his family, may offer to him. Because he really has so much faith that he will beat this and will get better. I was also told that he can also just live with one lung and can live many years, just depending on how advanced the cancer is. But I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, and Im sorry for the long read. May God Bless You and I ask for prayers as well. Thank You and God Bless.
Gherardo

Postby Mil » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:51 pm

ask a doc
Mil

Postby Bellamy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:09 pm

His doctor will have a hard time telling that, let alone unqualified strangers on the internet who have never seen him.
Bellamy

Postby Gwyr » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:24 pm

sorry to tell u that your father has a stage 4 (terminal) lung cancer, after his colon cancer yrs back.
It means that his cancer cells from the colon has spreaded.

90% of patients with stage 4 cancer has life expectancy of about 2 yrs.

spend time with him and treasure the moments.
god bless and good luluck
Gwyr

Return to Colon Cancer