Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: United Kingdom Seeing Increase in Skin Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I had a shave biopsy done. What is this black splotch left behind?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby shandy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 am

I had a shave biopsy done this afternoon on a 4mm mole that the doctor didn't think was an issue. It is sen for Biopsy and I was told if I didn't hear back I was all clear. However. I looked at the wound bride he'd and noticed it was a black splotch now. Before it we tan colored but where it was shaved us a 6 or 7 mm black spotch that is smooth to the touch. Could this be charring or bruising? I hop sit int pigmentation that deep. I'd be worried about melanoma that stage.

I'm 24.
On immunosuppressants.
Minimal sun exposure.
shandy

Postby keilah » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 am

It could be the lesion is that deep, and that doesn't mean its melanoma though. Moles have "roots" that go deep. Also moles can be pigmented different colors depending on what layer they are. It might look black with the top removed.

However, it is also likely that it is from the bleeding/bruising during the procedure.

If the doctor wasn't worried, you probably don't need to be either.

Let it heal, but if you are still worried, give the office a call in a week or so. No harm in hearing from your doctor that indeed it was fine.
keilah

Postby micheal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 am

probably some scabbing / dried blood

see how it goes as you have a small wound there now and it needs to heal
micheal

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer